Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreversweet Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Ways to Make Money?
    I need money for something I'm saving up for and I'm 11 so its not many things I could do what do you suggest I do? (Other wise than get an allowance because I don't get one and trust me I ask a ton of times.)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2011, 08:37 PM
    Shovel snow from the driveway and sidewalks for your neighbors.

In the fall, rake leaves... in the summer mow grass or weed out their shrubs.

Not very many options available at 11.

Dec 29, 2011, 12:49 PM
    I thought of other things but I don't have the supplies to for those jobs
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 29, 2011, 12:59 PM
    May I ask how much you need?

If you lived near me, I'd have you wash woodwork, vacuum and dust, clean the refrigerator (with my help), make new files from stacked papers, clean out some kitchen drawers (with my help), fold clean clothes and towels, empty wastebaskets, go through and sort/toss junk mail with me, brush my four cats, scrub out two litter boxes and refill them with clean kitty litter, wash the basement stairs, wash the storm doors and glass on both sides, and vacuum out my car.

Is there an elderly or aging or single/busy mom neighbor whom you know who might like some of the above done and will pay you?

Jan 2, 2012, 03:08 PM
    I need about 70 or 80 dollars.

Well I don't know any old person in my neighborhood except for a friend of my grandma's but I don't ever talk to her.
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2012, 08:15 AM
    What does an 11 year old need $70 or $80 for anyway?

You know the saying the Early bird gets the worm? It means you have to go out and find opportunity... just because some of these people aren't asking you to do these things doesn't mean they would all say no if you approached them with the offer. If you wait until someone else has already done it.. they may not need it again.

The entire field of Sales and Marketing exists for the sake of convincing people they need something they don't have now or didn't even know was available.

Jan 5, 2012, 05:18 PM
    TO GET THE PHONE OF MY DREAMS!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2012, 05:21 PM
    How will you pay for more minutes or apps or whatever? And do your parents approve of your getting a phone?
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2012, 07:11 PM
    $70 OR $80 won't get you much... except a free phone and 2 months only of voice service ONLY with NO texting and NO data.

But that's going to have a contract of likely 2 years and you HAVE to pay every month or you OWE them $250 or $350 to break it.

You didn't think that phone service was free did you?

You pay for voice... you pay more for texting... you pay a lot more for data...

If you want voice, texting AND data... that's going to cost you 70 or 80 a MONTH... every month.

And as an 11 year old, they won't sell it to you because you aren't legal age to sign a contract.

Sorry to be the one to rain on your Parade, but there is a LOT more to this than you think... and it's a LOT more expensive.

Jan 11, 2012, 05:39 PM
    I know how to take care of monthly plans
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2012, 08:03 PM
    How do you plan to raise money for those, with a data plan its not a small amount to pay every month. Getting the phone is the easy part (and the cheap one). Its those monthly charges that amount to a LOT of money over a year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are ways that I can make money with my existing website? [ 2 Answers ]

My shop website is up and running. Now how do I get companies to want to advertise on it and how can I make additional cash with it?

How many ways to make money online [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know how many ways there are to make money online (just doing some research for an article), thanks.

What are some ways you make money from home? [ 6 Answers ]

I started my own homebased business a year and a half ago and I've had really great success with it. I would love to hear how others are SUCCESSFULLY making money in a home-based business. Thanks and have a great day!!

View more questions Search