Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniferward Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2015, 03:34 AM
    14 month old fever 103.5
    My husband went to the hospital to visit his step brother 2 days ago. He has meningitis. My 14 month old started running a fever yesterday of about 102-103. I alternated motrin and Tylenol because she had no other symptoms. Today fever was 103.5. Should I take her to the ER, or just wait and see if the fever goes away today.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 30, 2015, 05:57 AM
    Please take her to the ER. Dehydration caused by a fever this high in a child so young can be very dangerous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 1 and half year old who has had a fever of 103 for more than two days help! [ 4 Answers ]

She has had a high fever for going on three days now. She is pouring out snot, coughing, doesn't want to eat or drink much, is lethargic and fussy. She is on medicaid but does not have a doctor yet as they have been giving me the run around. Should I just take her to the ER instead so she can get...

What to do for a four year old child taking Moltrin for 3 day old fever still at 103 [ 3 Answers ]

Fever is 102 for more then 3 days. No cough or cold symptoms.

4-Day Low Grade Fever is Now a High Grade Fever (103.5) [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has had a low grade fever (99-101) for 4 days and it jumped from a low grade fever to high fever (103.5) within an hour. He has been getting fluids (Powerade Zero) and taking Advil every 6-8 hours for the last 3 days. The Advil appears to lower his temperature slightly. He complains of...

12 month old with double ear infection, fever of 103.6: what now? [ 16 Answers ]

My 12 month old son has a double ear infection, the doctor prescribed Amoxicillin and Clavulanate for Oral Suspension, 4mL by mouth 2xdaily, and also Antipyrine and Benzocaine Otic Solution USP, 2 drops every 2 hours. He has been on these meds for 16 hours, but his fever keeps fluctuating between...

9 month old with 103+ fever [ 1 Answers ]

I took him to a clinic earlier this afternoon. They took a strep test it was negative his ear's were good. The doctor said it was probley viral. Should I take him the emergency room?

View more questions Search