Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VIC486US Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Procedure for a summons
    I was named on a Civil Suit with another person. This person was served the summons with my name on it also. Does that mean I am served also, or do they still need to serve me paper on the suit? Also, I am not even in the same country and haven't been for several months. Do, they have to serve me in the country I am currently in, or how does that work? I was told that they can't pursue the other person in court until I also am served. But, I would hate to be mistaken and cause further problems. Thanks, for any help that can be given.
    Noviceplaintiff Posts: 38, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by VIC486US
    I was named on a Civil Suit with another person. This person was served the summons with my name on it also. Does that mean I am served also, or do they still need to serve me paper on the suit? Also, I am not even in the same country and haven't been for several months. Do, they have to serve me in the country I am currently in, or how does that work? I was told that they can't pursue the other person in court until I also am served. But, I would hate to be mistaken and cause further problems. Thanks, for any help that can be given.
    You must serve each defendant the summons, individually. Call the civil court in the county in which the summons was filed and speak to the clerk of court to get the status of the case. They will be able to provide you the information on the case.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2007, 09:37 PM
    And every state has its own rules on service, also if they "can't find you" there are rules in same areas for forms of notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hsg procedure [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying for about a year now. This month I am having a hsg done. Checking tubes to see if they are blocked. Does anyone know if this procedure is very painfull

Eviction Procedure [ 19 Answers ]

OK I'm going to make this short but simple.. I have a court date to go to court on March 21st to evict me from my apartment due to non payment of rent.. How long from the day in court do I have to stay here.I need to know as soon as possible as Iam on a very low income and I recive only a minimum...

Leep procedure and bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently had the leep procedure done at hospital for abnormal cells of the cervix. It had been 11 days since my surgery and I am still bleeding, not heavily, wondering how long the bleeding will last. I was menstruating at time of surgery and the doctor did not use the paste afterwards to...

View more questions Search