Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamintrouble Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Is it OK text message from female colleague?
    Is it OK a female colleague to text messages your fiancé to say Merry Christmas?
    His colleague is married and I never met her. My fiancé just told me about her time to time. From what my fiancé told me, she is not happy with her marriage, and had affair before, she’s still hold on to her marriage because her husband can offer her better life style. So actually, I don’t really like her that much, but she is a positive person (my fiancé told me).
    My fiancé never hang out with her after work, but I don’t know how often they hang out together at work or lunch together.
    My question is it acceptable married womem text messages a male colleague on Christmas just to say Merry Christmas, love and name?
    :confused:
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 25, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Maybe she sent messages like that to all her co-workers. If you have no reason to suspect your fiancée of cheating on you, then I wouldn't worry just because of that. But if you start seeing lots of texts and phone calls from him to her, then it might be time to get a little suspicious. If it's just an isolated incident, then I wouldn't worry.

Hope this helps!

Jan 25, 2008, 05:34 PM
    I appreciate your reply for this too! Like this one... I'm sure I won't hear anyting from him again about her anymore. Because now he knows I don't like it. He will just hide anything from her. And he will not talk about her anymore. :(
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jan 25, 2008, 05:56 PM
    If that's all she's sent him, I wouldn't worry. If they're work friends, it's perfectly acceptable to be sending christmas greetings. If you think there's more to it, as Peggy said, you can watch for excessive calls or messages. But a Christmas greeting is hardly an invite to cheat.

Kal
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Not really. She could have said something in person to him. But a text message never hurt anyone so I don't see any harm done.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Now it may have even been a group text message, on holidays I often send a text to my group list, So almost anyone with a cell phone that is on my directory, gets a holiday message from me.

So that may be all it was. Or it may have merely been a person to cheap to buy a christmas card. I would say it is really nothing.
    ItsHisLoss Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 04:29 AM
    It's probably nothing but I would wonder why she had my fiance's phone number and why he know's so much about her personal life. Like the fact that she's unhappy in her marriage and that she's had an affair
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 08:13 AM
    There's nothing in it, she is a work mate. It's a very different kind of relationship. Did he show you the message or did you discover it?
    MissingHim2Much Posts: 252, Reputation: 37

Jan 26, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    There's nothing in it, she is a work mate. It's a very different kind of relationship. Did he show you the message or did you discover it?
    My boyfriend of 7 years left me for a co-worker after only knowing her 2 months.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 08:46 AM
    If that's all there is to it then I don't think you have a problem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Work mates know each other fairly well, and don't assume there is anything to worry about. Take his word for it.

Jan 26, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsHisLoss
    It's probably nothing but I would wonder why she had my fiance's phone number and why he know's so much about her personal life. Like the fact that she's unhappy in her marriage and that she's had an affair
    They worked at the same department before, so they have time to hang out for lunch or talk personal stuff. But now she worked for another department now. But they're still keep in touch or hang out for lunch sometime.

Jan 26, 2008, 10:26 AM
    I was standing next to him when he looked at the text message. And he says, oh, is xx just text message me to say Merry Christmas! I says, why she doesn't email you instead of text message you for greeting, nothing urgent about! And he says, I don't know!
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 10:47 AM
    He didn't try to hide it. I don't think you have anything to worry about. If it all goes tits up you can come and shoot me!!! :)

Jan 26, 2008, 10:58 AM
    He didn't try to hide it. I don't think you have anything to worry about. If it all goes tits up you can come and shoot me!!! :)
    Yes, maybe I shouldn't worry too much about it... thank you for your reply again... I appreciate it very much! :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received text message from my ex [ 13 Answers ]

After a horrible break-up that tore both our hearts out almost three months ago. This evening I received a text message from my ex girlfriend, it read... "How have you been? I know I shouldn't be texting you but I can't help thinking of you". Any suggestions?:confused:

Text message from ex [ 26 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Venting again.. after telling the ex I will not be part of the games he plays with me any more, coming in and out of my life every 3 months, saying he needs me, wants to grow old with me and all other great things only to end up saying and doing all the opposite.. ...

Nokia 5300 Text Message [ 1 Answers ]

HI there, I have a Nokia 5300 cell phone, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to get a text message signature on your text messages? I cannot figure it out. Please help. Please and thank you:D

Text Message "Speak" [ 24 Answers ]

Is it me or does anyone else have problems reading posts from others who type into their computers as if they were text messaging? I have been "trained" to use correct english and be as correct as possible when typing so that I am completely understood. To me, "text speak" can be hard to...

View more questions Search