Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bookie25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 03:17 AM
    I can a man do sign over his right to child support?
    Hello my question is that if a man signs over is prenatal sign do he still have to pay or can the jugde still make him pay child support? The reason why I am asking this question is because I have a son for this guy and now again am pregnant with his second child now he is talking about signing over is prenatal rights so he don't have to pay child support for my two child's ,I already have an child order for him to pay child support for my son but now he say that he does not want to help me take care of my second child with him. So I would like to know if he sign over his rights can he still get out of paying child support?
    boop21197 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2007, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bookie25
    Hello my question is that if a man signs over is prenatal sign do he still have to pay or can the jugde still make him pay child support? The reason why I am asking this question is because i have a son for this guy and now again am pregnant with his second child now he is talking about signing over is prenatal rights so he don't have to pay child support for my two childs ,I already have an child order for him to pay child support for my son but now he say that he does not want to help me take care of my second child with him. So i would like to know if he sign over his rights can he still get out of paying child support?
    Look honey, NO matter what this guys does, he IS the father of these kids, If you have joint because he does not have to pay child support, but this is not the case, he still has to pay child support even if he sign over the right to you. He is still the blood , in virginia here he would have to pay no matter what.
    You go ask a lawyer, first visit is free. You tell him what is going on, and he will be able to tell you, but I'm thinking that no matter what he has to pay child support. He help bring these kids into this world, now he should step up to the plate. Even is he doesn't want them. You go to child inforucement agent in your town. You stay two steps ahead of him.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 05:16 AM
    If you want him to pay support for your children then he must. He can not just sign anything over to get away from his responsibilities. He brought them in this world the least he can do is help provide food, clothes and a roof over their head. In my opinion any man that does not want to take car of his children is scum. I should know because I am the daughter of a scumbag that did not give a damn. Btw I'm 45 and still feel that way! Do yourself a favor and keep your body away from this man he does not deserve you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2007, 05:31 AM
    If you read the many threads on this issue here, you will see that someone cannot sign away their responsibility to a child. Signing away their rights simply means they have no say in how the child is raised, no visitation etc. But they are still responsible for supporting the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Why does anyone sign away parental rights, if they still pay child support? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been doing lots of reading up on signing away parental rights, and have read over and over that you are only signing away your rights, not your responsibilities or obligations. What I don't understand, is, why would a father choose to sign over his parental rights, yet still be obligated...

Do you still have to pay child support if you give up your rights to a child? [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend found out he had a child last summer. The child was already six months old when he was told it was his. My boyfriend had a one night stand with this woman. He didn't and still doesn't even know her. One day she just saw him driving and called out to him, raising the child into the...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search