Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lil mighty Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Joint custody/joint physcial custody
    Hello, I got married in 1993, we separated in 1996, got back together in the same year, My now ex-husband file for divorce in 2000, I did not respond to the divorce, I did not respond due to not getting an court date to appear (divorce papers were served to me while living with ex at the time) due to that he was given sole custody of our son. The divorce was final in 2000, we got back together again in 2002, purchased a home in 2004, the home was lost to foreclosure due to him leaving in Jan. 2006, and me not able to pay the mortgage alone on my income. Since then I have filed for joint legal custody due to father not allowing me to visit with our son. We have been to court regarding custody/visitation I was given joint legal custody but it will not take effect until 4/11/2008 due to father telling judge that I have not been apart of our sons life for the past thirteen years (our son is 13) so the judge stated this will be a trial basic, and this giving me only 14% with our son. I now get our son every other weekend. Now the issue of child support, I am paying child support but went to court on that issue also, the amount was reduce temporary due to his income being substantial higher then my, the judge took that into consideration so we go back to court in Jan. 2008. My question is can I increase my visitation with our son of more than 14% or file for joint physcial custody. I did not find out until today the difference between joint legal custody and joint physcial custody.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Hold it, at 13 years old the judge would normally take the infant child into his/her chambers and ask the child about his and yours relationship. Did that happen?

Oct 24, 2007, 08:09 PM
    No, our son only spoke with the mediator before we went in front of the judge.

Oct 24, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf
    Hold it, at 13 years old the judge would normally take the infant child into his/her chambers and ask the child about his and yours relationship. Did that happen?
    No, our son only spoke with the medaitor before we went in front of the judge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get joint custody [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse is now at a place in his life he can fight for his daughter not late for payment and never has not paid or been out of her life unless the mother took her away which she did for a year. We have her 6 months out of the year anyway and have a great places for her to live etc.. We do not...

Joint custody relocation [ 3 Answers ]

In CA, if parents have joint custody, can one parent move the child(ern) out of the country without permission of the other parent?

Joint custody [ 4 Answers ]

My brother who is seeking joint custody of his 8 mo old son and has never been married to the mother of his child, but the mother of his child has other children with different fathers had her children taken by CPS prior to her having my brothers son. My brother is wanting joint custody, however...

Joint custody [ 1 Answers ]

My brother is not married to the mother of his child who is now 8 months old. The mother has had other children with different men. She had custody of the other children at one time. The children were taken from her by CPS and given to the other fathers. My brother does have concerns for his son...

Joint custody [ 6 Answers ]

If parents are in high conflict and haven't spoken to each other since the mother was 4 or 5 months pregnant and the child is now 6 weeks old, will that keep the father from getting joint custody? The father refuses to talk with her and has a restraining order on her because she is verbally...

View more questions Search