Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2005, 01:38 PM
    Help! Confused!
    My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My problem is: our last date was 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from him since. I know he is busy with work but I'm beginning to wonder whether he is just blowing me off by not calling. Nothing on our last date indicated to me that he didn't wanted to see me again. Please help. Should I call him? What if I call and get his answer machine instead? What should I say then? Please Help! I'm so confused!
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 25, 2005, 02:00 PM
    Just call the guy up and if you get his anwering machine then just tell him that you enjoyed his company and would really love to talk to him and if he could give you a call that would be lovely. Just stay calm and good luck. :D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2005, 02:04 PM
    Ask him
    I agree just give him a call. He may be sitting wondering why you have not contacted him. ( dating men seem to lose their brains at times)

Of course he may have just been busy and if this is causual dating he may not have felt it required to call and chat.
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Dec 25, 2005, 03:20 PM
    Honestly, 3 weeks and no call might not be a good sign, but he could just be thinking that you were not interested. I would give him a call and if you get his machine, just say you were calling to see what he is up to and tell him to give you a call. This way the ball is in his court and you will know for sure if he is interested or not.
    Tony2005 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Dec 26, 2005, 01:01 AM
    Why not ?
    Do you think you will lose something if you make a call ? You have already met him twice and as you say, you'll hit it off quite well. Believe that you are only calling a friend and speak to him casually.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2005, 04:32 AM
    Call Him
    Hi,
    I agree with the other answers; call him.
    Since it's been 3 weeks, he may or may not still be interested.
    The only way to find out is to call him.
    If you get his answering machine, then do as another said, just leave a simple message about "just wanted to see how you are doing".
    I do wish you the best of luck.
    anya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2005, 07:03 AM
    Hey, thanks for all the help guys. I took your advice and call him. As it turns out, he really was blowing me off. Said the timing was not right for him. Although I'm glad I call so that I now know where I stand, I'm also a little embrassed because I obviously read more into it than he did. I was willing to try at a relationship and he wasn't.
    As far as I'm concerned, this relationship fell before it began because I broke 3 of my carnal dating rules: 1) always, always enter into a relationship being able to leave it, 2) be indifferent - make him work for your attention, don't seem to eager to go out with him, don't wait by the phone, and 3) girls never, never call guys!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2005, 03:15 PM
    Hi Anya - I LOVE your 3 rules. Keep to them going forward - ALWAYS and yo uwont get hurt.

3 weeks is a LONG time. IF he wanted to be with you he would do alomost anything to be with you. If he liked you he would have stayed in contact.

Keep those barriers up early on... let him nock down those walls slowly.3
    ahooper Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Try calling from a different phone like a payphone. If he answers... hang up... Then call from your phone and see if he picks up... if he doesn't pick up... there is your answer... I'd rather do it this way than to feel stoopid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, this forum has been very helpful but I am still not sure what is going on with me. I had a very light period on the 20th Dec which was right on my due date it lasted about 2 days and was very weird for me now 2 weeks later I seem to be spotting again my ovulation date was on the 3rd Jan we did...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search