Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 16, 2021, 10:36 AM
    What it means to believe God
    What have we Witnessed?  

By reading and reflecting the scripture, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus in my personal life- yes?

We do not have the same scriptures Jesus had
    Jesus 'is' the New Testament. 

And that translation is...?
    What's Wrong with using the same one your Church Subscribes too?

If you Don't have the Bible what do you have?

Faith means believing God’s Word. Where is your Faith? I put my Faith in the Bible. Any attempt to refute, would be Contrary to Faith.

P.S. Trying to equate Hell and God's love...come on - Where are you guys coming from?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    By reading and reflecting on the scripture, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus in my personal life- yes?
    Now, tell us how you would do that.
    My hands to help, my feet to go to those in need, my ears to listen, my voice to encourage, my brain (cognitive function) to assess a situation, my heart full of love for those who are friendless and who need that love.
    Faith means believing God’s Word.
    No, it doesn't. Try again.

Apr 16, 2021, 12:08 PM
    Faith means 'believing' and obeying God’s Word.

Is that better?

My hands to help, my feet to go to those in need, my ears to listen, my voice to encourage, my brain (cognitive function) to assess a situation, my heart full of love for those who are friendless and who need that love.

That's a whole lot of you. I really liked,
    my heart full of love

What have we Witnessed...I mean what are we a witness too? 
    By reading and reflecting on the scripture, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 12:28 PM
    Faith means 'believing' and obeying God’s Word?
    Believing what? Obeying what?
    That's a whole lot of you. I really liked
    The life of a Christian. Faith put into action.
    What have we Witnessed...
    By reading and reflecting on the scripture, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus
    To whom would you witness? How would you witness?

(waltero, I thoroughly enjoy reading and thinking about your short answers that go right to the point!)

Apr 16, 2021, 01:37 PM
    Believing what?
    I believe that the universe was formed at God’s command. I believe that Genesis 1:1 gives to us the origin of the universe: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Why do I believe that? I believe it by faith because God’s Word says it.
    I recognize there are another number of options which I may choose to believe as a relatively rational man, but I, by faith, choose to believe this. If you, of course, want to roam the universe looking for another explanation, then spend your time wisely.

Apr 16, 2021, 02:01 PM
    By reading and reflecting on the scripture, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus in my personal life
    By Faith.

My hands to help, my feet to go to those in need, my ears to listen, my voice to encourage, my brain (cognitive function) to assess a situation, my heart full of love for those who are friendless and who need that love
    Are Christians the only ones capable of good deeds? No! Pagans do good deeds. Some of them do very, very good deeds! Some of them do a lot better good deeds than Christians do good deeds. Well then, are pagans accepted by God on the basis of their good deeds? No. So what is it that makes deeds glorify God as opposed to deeds that don’t glorify God? It is that those deeds which glorify God are offered from the hands and lives and lips and feet of those who have been justified by faith, and their deeds are an expression of their acceptance rather than a means to acceptance. Not all good deeds glorify God. And good deeds don’t put us in a right relationship with God.

Do you have two volumes in your life? Do you have a volume that chronicles your life, and you would say, “Here was twenty years, thirty years of my life, and I lived without faith in God at all. And as of this day I began to live with faith in God.” See, faith is a decisive act. You don’t simply drift into it. There has to come a time where you stop believing in yourself and you start believing in God, where you stop depending upon yourself and things you can do to make your acceptance to God, and you say, “I can’t make myself acceptable to God, and therefore, I can’t do anything else other than what the ancients did, and that is take God at his word and regulate my life on the basis of it.”

By reading and reflecting on the scripture, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus in my personal life
    The B.I.B.L.E, that's the Life for me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 02:41 PM
    waltero said: By reading and reflecting on the scripture, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus in my personal life

WG said: Now, tell us how you would do that.

By Faith.
    That's doesn't answer my question of "how".

See, faith is a decisive act.
    Hmm, I disagree. I found God? Nope, God found me!

Well then, are pagans accepted by God on the basis of their good deeds? No.
    I disagree with that too.

Apr 16, 2021, 02:53 PM
    That's doesn't answer my question of "how".
    Easy, Believe in the Bible. Have Faith that the Bible is the Word of GOD.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 02:58 PM
    Easy, Believe in the Bible. Have Faith that the Bible is the Word of GOD.
    No, HOW! How would you be a witness to a stranger? How would you begin? What would you say?

Apr 16, 2021, 03:14 PM
    No, HOW! How would you be a witness to a stranger? How would you begin? What would you say?
    What are you going on about? I never said Anything of the sort.

witness to Christ Jesus in my personal life
    By reading and reflecting the scripture, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus in my personal life- yes?

Luke 24:48  You are witnesses of these things.
    He is not Talking about us. Yet we are witnesses...witnesses to what?

Creation is a signpost which sends us forward so that you might be brought to that great signpost which is the cross of the Lord Jesus. And suddenly you realize that your own sin and your own rebellion and your own sense of emptiness is answered there at that cross. And it is in that that we come to a knowledge of the living God which has been intimated in his creation but which has been given fullness in the Scriptures and in Jesus.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 03:25 PM
    What are you going on about? I never said Anything of the sort.

Would you witness to a stranger at the grocery story? If so, how would you begin a conversation?

Apr 16, 2021, 03:32 PM
    By deflecting the Bible your pointed in the Wrong Direction.

Would you witness to a stranger at the grocery story? If so, how would you begin a conversation?
    Deja vu

Would you allow the Bible to witness to you?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 03:36 PM
    By deflecting the Bible your pointed in the Wrong Direction.
    How am I deflecting?

Apr 16, 2021, 03:51 PM
    See, faith is a decisive act.
    Hmm, I disagree. I found God? Nope, God found me!
    It looks as if you Don't have much to go on.
    Faith without doubt, is a decisive act.

How am I deflecting?

By deviating from its intended purpose.

The person who earnestly seeks God does not come to God and say, “Now, what kind of God are you?” and “Are you the kind of God that I want to believe in?” and all this kind of stuff. The person who earnestly seeks God says, “O God, you are my God, and I will ever trust you. And step by step I’ll go on from here.” You ever sought God that way?

For Abel, faith meant giving his best to God. For Enoch, it meant considering walking with God the most important thing in his life. And for Noah, it meant that he was concerned for the salvation of his household.

If you want to know why I would believe that, look above.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 04:34 PM
    It looks as if you Don't have much to go on. Faith without doubt, is a decisive act.
    I don't understand what you mean.
    By deviating from its intended purpose.
    My question was, now that you believe, would you approach a stranger in a store and tell him/her about your belief? How would you begin such a conversation?

The person who earnestly seeks God does not come to God and say, “Now, what kind of God are you?” and “Are you the kind of God that I want to believe in?” and all this kind of stuff. The person who earnestly seeks God says, “O God, you are my God, and I will ever trust you. And step by step I’ll go on from here.” You ever sought God that way?
    I have never sought God. He found me.
    For Abel, faith meant giving his best to God. For Enoch, it meant considering walking with God the most important thing in his life. And for Noah, it meant that he was concerned for the salvation of his household.
    As do you. As do I.

Apr 16, 2021, 04:48 PM
    No, it doesn't.
    As do you. As do I.
    How do you figure? Without faith you have nothing.

I have never sought God.
    WOW! that explains a lot.

God’s promise may come by way of the cross to the place of freedom, forgiveness, redemption, and safety. But if you would rather stay where you are, you will die in your sins.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 05:01 PM
    How do you figure? Without faith you have nothing.
    My faith is in Jesus Christ.

WOW! that explains a lot.
    God. Found. ME!!!

God’s promise may come by way of the cross to the place of freedom, forgiveness, redemption, and safety. But if you would rather stay where you are, you will die in your sins.
    Jesus died for me and took away my sins.

Apr 16, 2021, 05:31 PM
    My faith is in Jesus Christ.
    Yet no faith in the Word.
    God. Found. ME!!!
    The Cross came to you?
    God’s promise...may come by way of the cross...But if you would rather stay where you are, you will die in your sins.
    Jesus died for me and took away my sins.
    That he Did. How did you come to find out about this Jesus...Bible maybe?

Question: How does John 1:14 speak to you? We see that we Have Jesus (but he is away), do we still have the Word? Is the Word Obsolete???

John 1:14 is one of the most important verses in the Bible. It reads: “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” The Word did not just appear to be human; the Word became flesh.

I suppose a person could say that we believe in the same thing. We Didn't know Jesus. We are not Witnesses. We are witnesses of the Bible and His Word. The Word did not just appear to be human; the Word became flesh...transform yourself into the Word and be reborn. We have the Flesh, we need the Word.

I believe we are witnesses, and we witness to the truth of Scripture. truth revealed in Scripture alone. God’s Word is sufficient and has the highest authority for all of life. Not the Bible and our own little fundamentalist predilections that we like to stick in there. Not the Bible and our own little legalistic tags. Not the Bible and anything at all. Just the Bible. The Bible tells us what the Bible means...not an infusion of God’s enabling power so that we may then work our own way towards a final redemptive conclusion, but the imputation of the righteousness of Christ; a forensic thing, so that it is all outside of me. All of my salvation is outside of me in the ultimate sense.

The Bible is the very breath of the living God; being God’s breath, it is of life and can impart life to us.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 05:53 PM
    Yet no faith in the Word.
    Jesus Christ IS the Word!

The Cross came to you...God’s promise...may come by way of the cross...But if you would rather stay where you are, you will die in your sins.
    Where do you think I am?

How did you come to find out about this Jesus...Bible maybe?
    I'm the first child born to a Lutheran pastor. I was baptized when I was three weeks old. I have spent years being a Lutheran elementary school student, Sunday School student, then later, graduated from a Lutheran college, was a Lutheran elementary school teacher/tutor/sub, a Sunday School teacher, and an adult Bible class teacher.

Question: How does John 1:14 speak to you? We see that we Have Jesus, do we still have the Word? Is the Word Obsolete???
    Jesus IS the Word!

Apr 16, 2021, 06:13 PM
    Then what did you mean by this?

If Jesus is the Word, then how can you have one without the other (your earlier statement, Different thread, contradicted)?

Also: In a different thread, I stated the same thing, and your reply; 'I don't know what that means.'
    When you say "Word," I would Guess you're "not" talking about the Bible? If that is the Case, then there is no need for Further discussion. 

So now your going with, 'Jesus IS the Word.' Good. It's a start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does this means it's really over? [ 13 Answers ]

I am 24. My boyfriend and I been together for almost 5 yrs. We live together. We have a three yr. old son together, he always treated me right and never cheated. When he was working he used to always stay home now that he lost his job he starts smoking weed everyday with his friends and doesn't pay...

How would anyone change their identity by their own means or by professional means? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi fellow users I am conducting research on this matter to aid myself look for a loved one who has not been seen for six years. I suspect that my friend has changed their identity and I need to understand how this can be done.

What does this means? [ 1 Answers ]

When you ask someone out, she reply maybe can, maybe cannot. What does this mean? Is she really seeing she is free or is there other reasons to it? It is positive or negative? Thanks.

View more questions Search