Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcsc1984 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 05:09 PM
    Need desperate help for intermediate accounting case study question!
    Hi, need help on this question which is a case study question for Kieso Eight Canadian Edition for Intermediate Accounting Vol 1.
    The Question is on Page 193 CA4-3

As a reviewer of the Ontario Securities Commission, you are in the process of reviewing the financial statements of public companies. The following items have come to your attention:

1. A mining company sells a foreign subsidiary that does uranium mining, although the company continues to mine uranium in other countries.
    2. A retail outlet changed its calculation for bad debt expense from 1% to 0.5% of sales because of changes in its clientele.
    3. During the current year, a drilling company extended the estimated useful life of a certain drilling equipment from 9 to 15 years. As a result, amortization for the current year was materially lowered.
    4. An automobile dealer sells for $137,000 an extremely rare 1930 S type Invicta, which is purchased for $21,000 10 years ago. The Invicta is the only such display item that the dealer owns.
    5. A steel company changes from straight line amortization to accelerated amortization in accounting for its plant assets.
    6. A construction company, at great expense to itself, prepares a major proposal for government loan. The loan is not approved
    7. A water pump manufacturer has had large losses resulting from a strike by its employees early in the year.

8. Amortization for a prior period was incorrectly understated by $950,000. The error was discovered in the current year
    9. A large sheep rancher suffered a major loss because the provincial government required that all sheep in the province be killed to halt the spread of a rare disease. Such a situation has not occurred in the province for 20 years.
    10. A food distributor that sells wholEsale to supermarket chains and to fast food restaurants (two major classes of customers) decides to discontinue the division that sells to one of the two classes of customers.
    11. A merchandising company incorrectly overstated its ending inventory two years ago by a material amount. Inventory for all other periods is correctly calculated.

Question is To discuss the issues:
    loan77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 03:04 PM
    Hello
    Are you looking for a loan with bad credit?are you feeling like all hope is lost?this was how I felt when GOD intervened on my behalf by sending me a man with an interest rate of 3% who saved my life by removing me from debts.I have never for once believed that I will get a loan through the internet until I met Mr Williams Bright who took me and helped me then I believed we still have a GOD fearing private money lender,please do not fall in the hands of those scams because it is painful and I was also a victim.if you are having the same problem and you need solution do contact him via [email protected] and GOD will see you through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intermediate Accounting Help [ 1 Answers ]

I have been working on this homework assignment for a week now. I am having a hard time figuring out these last few problems. Any help at all will be appreciated. This review problem is going to help me study for my upcoming test. In advance Thanks for the help. (I have no idea of where to start on...

Intermediate accounting [ 5 Answers ]

If I want to buy a new car 8 years from now that will cost $30000.In order to meet this goal, how much money must I save annually, if the funds earn an interest rate of 12%? I did next: FV=30000 I/Y=12 N=8 COMP and I have PV=19582.05 am I right or should I go with FV=30000 I/Y=12

Accounting Case Study Review [ 1 Answers ]

Please review my answer to this study question and let me know if I am on-track with the answer. Thanks! Ethics Case BYP1-7 Wayne Terrago, controller for Robbin Industries, was reviewing production cost reports for the year. One amount in these reports continued to bother him—advertising....

View more questions Search