Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Konfused Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2003, 09:53 AM
    Weight training
    I need some help. I have a bar with 4 weights. Two 15 lbs and two 4 lbs. I would like to tone up, build up my chest, become stronger then what I am now and just look bigger all together. I was wondering if its possible to achieve all this with what little weights I have. All I do now is have the 15's on and do reps on my back and then stand up and lift.
    Cash21 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2004, 09:51 AM
    Re: weight training
    Konfused,

You have a bar with 4 weights which comes out to be 38Ibs. Does the bar add much weight?

From what you have described it seems you are a guy. What is your age, weight, and goals?

You can tone up by doing cardio workouts and also light weight-lifting for high reps. If it is stregnth you are looking to gain you should do between 10 and 12 repetitions. Keep in mind you should be breaking a sweat, having to work extra hard to get the last few reps up.

Ask yourself this question- Is 38Ibs challenging for you? If not, I would consider getting some more weights.

Can I ask what kind of exercises you do and what muscle groups you would like to build?

PS- Get a cheap pair of *adjustable* dumbells. They are invaluable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight training after hernia surgery [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to undergo doulble ingunial hernia surgery. I hurt myself on the job but I also am an avid weight lifter. Is this operation going to result in me never being able to lift again or will it be OK after I deal completely?

Weight training [ 1 Answers ]

I am 46 years old. I have been weight trraining with medium weights for 2 years. Recently I have started getting a slight pain in my lower abs on the right side. Also a slight discomfort is felt at times in my right testicles and groin. Is this a kind of hernia? What exercises should I avoid to...

Weight training [ 4 Answers ]

I am 24 and am going to start lifting wights everyday. I don't want to get big, just fit. I am not to interested in leg excercises, I am going to jog. So I guess what I am asking is does anyone have a propgram for everyday that would get me fit. Thanks a lot

Weight training [ 2 Answers ]

Jus wondering can anyone help me. Any weight lifting excersises to build pectoral muscles? I have a set of free weights but no bench

Training [ 2 Answers ]

I have a five year old lab and golden retriver mix. I have a problem with him listening to me outside. He listens good to commands inside but when I take him out or he breaks loose he will not come back to me. I have never hit or abused him . I don't know what to do about it. He knows what...

View more questions Search