Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacilei Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Emancipation in NJ
    My son was just emancipated by the courts in Nj for failing to be a full time student. They kept registering as a F/T studet but would drop classes after they gave me the F/T schedule for an entire year. I finally got a copy of the transcipts and put it all together and filed a successful motion. Can they refile for support if he again registers as a F/T student?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 02:40 PM

How old is he,

Normally once they are emancipated, they do not go back

Jul 26, 2009, 02:45 PM

He's 19 years old
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 26, 2009, 02:57 PM

Depends on what your child support order says. But likely, once they have terminated support its done.

Jul 26, 2009, 03:36 PM
    I'm prayin!!

I'm prayin!!

I'm prayin!!

I'm prayin!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emancipation in SC [ 1 Answers ]

How old do I have to be to get an emacipation? & what are the steps I need to proceed with in order to follow through with this proclamation? (south carolina)

Emancipation at 16 [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and I want to be emancipated but I don't have a choice in the matter without my parent's permission... otherwise my other option is marrige... but I'm not sure what to do... please help!

I need some emancipation... [ 4 Answers ]

My cousin wants to get out of her house (one way or another), and live with her dad. Of course, her parents are divorced. So, should she emancipate or get her dad to go to court? Also, she's 14, soon to turn 15 in July. She says she wants to get out as soon as possible. We live in Georgia, and I'm...

Emancipation [ 4 Answers ]

OK I'm going to be 16 in like 8 months I haven't lived with my parents for the past 2 years. I have been living with my grandparents. Im not at their house very much I pretty much only sleep and shower here. So would it be easy for me to get the courts to emancipate me when I turn 16?I have a job...

Emancipation at 16 [ 4 Answers ]

My name is Miranda and I am 16 years old from Rapid City, South Dakota. I've lived between 3 family members (mom, dad, and aunt) throughout my entire life. I mentally and emotionally can not deal with my family anymore. I was wondering if I could become emancipated without either of my parents...

View more questions Search