Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Rush Limbaugh - The Head of the Republican Party
    Hello:

Snicker, snicker. Ha, ha ha. BWA HA HA HA. Yoweee!

Seriously, now. LMFAO!

excon
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 3, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Limbaugh gives the GOP a bad name. Does he ever think before he talks?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 09:32 PM

Michael Steele really stepped into doo-doo. "Steele had insisted that he - and not Limbaugh - was at the helm of the party.

"Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer," Steele said on CNN. "Rush Limbaugh, his whole thing is entertainment. Yes, it's incendiary, yes, it's ugly." GOP Chairman Michael Steele and Pundit Rush Limbaugh in War of Words - US News and World Report

It gets better: "I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in the sad-sack state that it's in," railed Limbaugh yesterday, adding he "might get out the hari-kari knife" if he had Steele's job."
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 06:05 AM
    Certainly the new administration thinks Rush is a problem for them or they wouldn't be so focused on marginalizing him. Same with the MSM, and both continue to twist what he's actually said about wanting Obama to fail. Press Sec Gibbs actually had the chutzpah to wonder what might have happened had someone on the left hoped Bush failed...

I can only imagine what might have been said a few years ago if somebody might have said that on the other side relating to what was going on in this country or our endeavors overseas
    HELLO! What Democrat, liberal pundit, leftist Hollywood actor that could fog up a mirror for the last 8 years DIDN'T hope Bush failed? Now they all hope Rush fails, because he has tremendous influence whether any of us like it or not.

But this is less about Rush than it is about the left trying to define the GOP. Ever since the election the left has been in full campaign mode trying to tell us what the GOP needs to do to be relevant again. Rush is a threat to them because he is unabashedly conservative, has a huge audience and he doesn't pull any punches.

But you guys laugh all you want and talk about how outrageous and divisive he is... then go home and get your daily dose of Olbermann, Maher and Garafalo.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 06:09 AM

Actually Rush is not a Republican, he is a Liberaterian Party, here in Atlanta, although he did not like their president canidate this last time. For those in Atlanta he is very activie in the party.

But as for as his radio show, he is a radio talk show host, comments are made to make people mad, that is what raises their ratings, and makes them rich.

So one could say he is in to the "money" party his money.
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 06:16 AM

Hello again:

Padre, surly you jest... In fact, back in '89 when he started, I LOVED the Limp one. I thought he was a libertarian too.

Then I heard him spout the party line about drugs, and how dealers should spend the rest of their life in the slam... That killed it. He's NO libertarian..

Then he got into trouble with drugs, and STILL thinks it's fine to put people away who do exactly what he himself does.

So, not only is he NO libertarian. He's a raging hypocrite.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 06:44 AM
    Steele may not have said it well ,but he was absolutely correct in saying Limbaugh is limited by the fact that he is an entertainer 1st . Limbaugh does not hold elected position and never will. It would even be a stretch to say that he is the philosophical voice of the Republican party . The Republicans to me frankly look like a bunch of sniping war-lords right now with no individual that you could point to as being their leader.

Leadership will emerge from one of two camps . There are those who think to create a big tent the Republicans need to moderate their views to accommodate different constituencies and abandon core principles... sorta the GW Bush approach in his last year ( I have abandoned free market principles he said. ) This was the approach tried by McCain .Yeah that worked out well.

There are others who think you stick to principles and clearly articulate them . Then the vast pool of moderates will be persuaded to support the party on principles. That was Reagan's approach ( remember the Reagan Democrats ?) and I think it is the correct one to take. Clearly the Democrats did not moderate their leftist message. Instead they persuaded enough moderates that the conservative brand was corrupted... and they had a point to a degree as Republicans took liberal actions in an attempt to expand their base.

Limbaugh may articulate this position better than most . But that does not make him the party leader .
    He is more like the symbolic piñata that the Dems. Use because they must have a Bush ,a Rove to point at to deflect the fact that they have already blown their chance in a little over a month to responsibly lead the country .
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He is more like the symbolic piñata that the Dems. Use because they must have a Bush ,a Rove to point at to deflect the fact that they have already blown their chance in a little over a month to responsibly lead the country .
    Yep... and to raise money. Got this from Gov. Kaine today.

That's a far cry from what Republicans leaders have been up to.

Nearly every Republican in Congress voted against the Recovery plan. Instead, they're following Rush Limbaugh, who last week reiterated his hope that President Obama fails.

And yesterday, after doing the right thing and denouncing Limbaugh's comments, the chairman of the Republican National Committee called Limbaugh to apologize.

Following Rush Limbaugh and the failed attack politics of the past -- as Republicans are doing -- is not the kind of leadership that's going to get America back on a path to strength and prosperity. So it's going to be up to us to lead the way.

Make a donation now so that we can continue showing what real leadership can do for America:
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:17 AM

I never went along with Rush being the leader of the Repubs. That was until Steele had to basically apologize for stating his honest opinion about the man. But it's all good now ;)
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I never went along with Rush being the leader of the Repubs. That was until Steele had to basically apologize for stating his honest opinion about the man. But it's all good now ;)
    Steele exposed what I hope is just his inexperience: 1) Steele is not the 'leader' of the Republican Party; he is the 'leader' (hate that word) of the RNC. And 2) he attempted to elevate his position in an inappropriate manner in answer a legitimate question.

"The Republican National Committee (RNC) provides national leadership for the Republican Party of the United States. It is responsible for developing and promoting the Republican political platform, as well as coordinating fundraising and election strategy." Republican National Committee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simply put, Steele mis-spoke and he has apologized, as he should.
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:49 AM

Hello again:

I just find the public fawning over the limp dude soooo delicious. It's better than Top Chef.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:51 AM

But if Rush is Nobody why even apologize to him? He obviously has some type of Standing in the party if the leader of the RNC has to apologize because he mis-spoke about a voice on the radio.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:53 AM

It is amusing and Rush is playing it for all it's worth. What is amusing is the administrations obsession with him. They would do better to try and marginalize him.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:56 AM
    But if Rush is Nobody why even apologize to him? He obviously has some type of Standing in the party if the leader of the RNC has to apologize because he mis-spoke about a voice on the radio.

This is what happened . Rush fed off the slight snub and the ditto-heads began calling and emailing the RNC . Steele just nipped the bud by his public "I mispoke" .

The Dems do that move all the time and it isn't considered a big deal. But the MSM still drives the message to the general populace more effectively than talk radio ,and the MSM has been keeping that story alive to try to marginalize Steele.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 08:08 AM

I, too, am greatly amused, as Limbaugh becomes Obama's 'tar baby', "Tar-Baby was a doll made of tar and turpentine, used to entrap Br'er Rabbit in the second of the Uncle Remus stories... "tar baby" refers to any "sticky situation" that is only aggravated by additional contact. The only way to solve such a situation is by separation.[1]" Tar baby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rush reminds of another great American, Thomas Paine: "Throughout most of his life, his writings inspired passion, but also brought him great criticism." Thomas Paine

This tack by Robert Gibbs and Obama (Carville, Begalla, & 'opoulos) indicates an early sense of desperation in the White House. They know that time is very short.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 08:35 AM
    Democrats have elevated politics in this country to new heights of maturity.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Democrats have elevated politics in this country to new heights of maturity.
    I was on that site this morning. It is very unnecessary. But it is good for a laugh. But if I learned anything in the last 8 years if you say something enough it must be true. Perception is reality for a lot of people.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    But if I learned anything in the last 8 years if you say something enough it must be true. Perception is reality for a lot of people.
    Exactly, and the left has perfected that.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 08:52 AM

As the old anti-drug commercials use to say. We learned it from watching you.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 08:56 AM

So, the Obot-apparatchiks want this fight: "Top Democrats believe they have struck political gold by depicting Rush Limbaugh as the new face of the Republican Party, a full-scale effort first hatched by some of the most familiar names in politics and now being guided in part from inside the White House." Rush Job: Inside Dems' Limbaugh plan - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebuilding The Republican Party [ 25 Answers ]

The Republican party lost so badly because they have betrayed their traditional small-government conservatism. They need to return to the Eisenhower era Republicans who were fiscally responsible, socially moderate and multilateral on foreign policy. The party is now controlled by big-government...

FOX News becoming international laughingstock - servant of the Republican party [ 34 Answers ]

A myth in the unmaking | Guardian daily comment | Guardian Unlimited Did anyone ever think otherwise? Have you ever watched Òutfoxed?

Why rush in. [ 6 Answers ]

Why does it seem like every guy I meet and like they want to rush into a relationship with me? I feel like I have this weird vibe fuming off me that make men want to tell me they love me right away and be with me every second of the day. I just got out of a bad marriage and I am not really looking...

Why can't you rush? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a yr and a half, where not ready to get married now but he wants to wait until he graduates from college, which I know is smart cause his parents won't pay for school if he's married, which is normal. But that's about 4 more years from now, and I want to get...

Rush Need Help Please [ 3 Answers ]

I need to write an introduction letter for a new rep firm. I have put this together so far but it doesn't sound right/professional. I will appreciate any help or ideas. I am no good at writing - I'll help you with something if I can. Security Group Reps are pleased to announce the opening...

View more questions Search