Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancysum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 09:11 AM
    Blood donation and strokes
    Can giving blood cause or contribute to having a stroke?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 09:27 AM

Donating blood on a regular basis, actually is quite healthy and reduces the risk of strokes and heart attacks. There is proof that donating blood depletes the iron in the blood and that is a good thing.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood Donation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if every pint of blood is tested when you donate blood. Thanks

Blood donation and AIDS [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I wanted to know... how safe donated blood is from the HIV considering a person who has the HIV can't be detected if he is still in the window period.if he has donated blood during that period and wasn't detected as HIV +ve... isnt his blood contaminated? Won't it transmit the virus to the...

Blood Donation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all. I wasn't sure which category to put this in so I just thought this would be right. There's a blood donation soon at the high school where I live and I was thinking about donating for the first time. I just wanted to know some of the questions that they ask the donors and how long...

Strokes in old cats [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is 17yrs old and it recently came to light that she has hyperthyriodism and was given tablets for it.After 21 days on the tablets she had a stroke that was one week ago.She is on blood pressure tablets and steriod tablets now but she finds it difficult to stand and get up and down on the...

Blood services donation denied [ 5 Answers ]

:( when I was teenager something bad happened sexually. I want to give blood one of questions on form did not know how answer. Answered wrong deny blood for life. Not my fault for experience. Explained still deny blood, blood clean.

View more questions Search