Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    val howard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 07:36 PM
    How to convert sugar to dextrose using old recipes
    What is the equivalent measure for 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup sugar or 1 cup caster sugar to dextrose. i.e how can I use my old favorite recipes using dextrose.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 8, 2013, 02:21 AM
    The ratio is l:l but you will be going through a lot of trouble converting only for the taste. Why not use demarera sugar, which is real brown sugar; more taste then white sugar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much converted dextrose? [ 0 Answers ]

I've been making alcohol washes using a yeast that requires 10 1/2 Kilos of Dextrose. Dextrose is quite expensive so I've been converting white sugar into dextrose by boiling with cream of tarter but because the product is mixed with water I can't weigh the dextrose. I have tried using all the 10...

How much dextrose does 1 kilo of sugar convert to? [ 0 Answers ]

I can't seem to find the home brew section so I'll post here instead. My brew requires 10.5 kilos of dextrose, I use sucrose and convert it to dextrose but when converted is in solution. I know dextrose is meant to react differently by weight with yeast. How much dextrose does one kilo of sucrose...

Why is sugar included in chili recipes? [ 2 Answers ]

Sugar is added to so many recipes I do not understand why?

Trying to lose weight... Help me with recipes. Vegan, wheat, fat and sugar free? [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm vegan but am currently trying to lose weight. I need to eliminate bad fats, sugar and wheat and gluten. If ny1 has recipe ideas id appreciate it :)

View more questions Search