Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shellbell2011 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 09:28 PM
    Can't remember the title of a book
    It was about this brother and sister and they find thesse three witches and travel threw time and they end up at this place where everything looks the same all the kids are dressed in the same clothes and then this guy has red eyes and controls the brother and tries to ruin everything. PLEASE HELP I READ IT IN 7TH GRADE AND I can't REMEMBER A THING.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 09:39 PM

Was it a Weekly Reader book?

Jun 22, 2010, 10:32 PM
    I don't remember at all the only thing I remember is that we read it in school and I liked it a lot and I like to write them down then wait a few years and read them again to see if I like them but I lost the paper so I can't read it. PLEASE HELP
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 10:46 PM

Can you ask the teacher in that grade or some of the other kids?

I'm guessing it was a Weekly Reader papercover book. Those titles are difficult to find again. You could call the children's reference desk at the library and ask this question too.

Jun 23, 2010, 09:33 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    I already checked the library and they just looked at me like I was stupid I don't go to that school any more or talk to the kids so Im completely lost.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 09:51 AM

Quote Originally Posted by shellbell2011
    I already checked the library and they just looked at me like I was stupid I dont go to that school any more or talk to the kids so Im completly lost.
    I can't imagine why the librarian would look at you like you're stupid. That's what they are supposed to do--find books for people. Call your public library and talk to the children's department--reader's advisory. They have print and database resources for this. Like I said, if it was a WR book, those titles are hard to find. There's a WR web site that you might check and do a search on.

No luck asking the teacher?

***ADDED***I just checked the WR site -- less than helpful. You used to be able to search and actually find titles there. I've Googled all sorts of keyword combinations with no luck.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 10:01 AM

Was the book read to your class by the teacher or was it in the classroom library or did your teacher place an order for the students with some publishing company? How did you get the book in the first place?

Jun 23, 2010, 12:26 PM

Well the teacher handed the books out to the class and we all read it together ugh its driving me crazy I know there is a movie on the book to.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shellbell2011 View Post
    well the teacher handed teh books out to the class and we all read it together ugh its driving me crazy I know there is a movie on the book to.
    Wow! A feature film?

I'd sure contact that teacher, if I were you.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 24, 2010, 08:23 PM

From your description, I am thinking Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.

A Wrinkle in Time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jun 25, 2010, 06:43 AM
    Comment on Cat1864's post
    That's seems right the title sounds familiar

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I find a romance book title for a book I can't remember? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a book from the 90's, it has home in the title, and the main characters are helen and rafe.

Can't remember title of this book [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the title of a book written in the 70's or 80's about a group of kids playing in an old fallout shelter in their back yard. While they are in there a real nuclear explosion happens. I think one of the kids loses his mom in the explosion and he ends up taking care of the group of...

View more questions Search