Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LENNYMANNING Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2019, 08:57 AM
    Nyc my house guest refuses to move out
    Let my daughter-in-law's ssiter, bay and baby daddy live in my basement. They have been "leaving" for half a year now. I asked to leave and they said they are not ready and will leave when they are. They enter through my main door into my house to get to the basement. They moved their furniture in when they came here. My options?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 6, 2019, 09:14 AM
    Written eviction notice hand delivered starts the process. Keep a copy for further actions in accordance with the local laws. Do they pay rent?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2019, 05:41 PM
    They are not "house guests" they are renters ( they may not pay, there may not be any written agreement) but they are renters and will need to be evicted.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

May 6, 2019, 08:29 PM
    You could invite the Naked fat man to stay in the house... buy pleanty of cheetos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband refuses to move out of my house during the divorce, change locks? [ 5 Answers ]

Im trying to divorce my husband, He refuses to move, I am the sole titleholder of my house, purchased 6 years before the marriage. Ive provided documents and affadavits re: my assets, which is mainly my house. He is alleging that I have other assets I haven't disclosed (not true) because he is...

Ex girlfriend refuses to move out [ 1 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend refuses to move out of my uncle's condo. I let her move in six months ago with no lease or rental agreement. We have since broke up. How can I get her to move out in the state of KY?

How do I evict a house guest who refuses to leave? [ 4 Answers ]

My friend agreed to let her ex-husband stay with her for a couple of weeks so that he could "get on his feet". He has been there now for almost two months and now refuses to leave. When she called the police they told her to file an eviction with the court. She is worried that if he does not...

Unmarried "X" refuses to move out of my house [ 8 Answers ]

The situation (in the state of FL): 92: Bought 1986 auto 96: Met X 09/97: X graduated in NY & moved in with me in Florida. X paid half the rent. 09/98: Bought a 99 auto & encouraged X to sell own car. Added X to my auto insurance & X began driving 96 auto. I started house hunting.

View more questions Search