Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    satellitemind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 01:07 AM
    Which city in Australia would be the best?
    I'm looking forward to live in Australia. Which city or region would be the best for me if I want to live in a really quiet place by the sea but also no loner than a two hour drive from the city centre? Can you give me an advice?
    prwoowrp Posts: 20, Reputation: -2

Feb 13, 2010, 01:30 AM

I spent a year in the Newcastle to Nelson Bay area in New South Wales. Beautiful beaches, a couple of great golf courses, and it's not quite as crowded sydney/melborne.
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Aug 13, 2010, 12:44 AM

I say stick to the south east. Melbourne is nice and the territory in that corner of the country is amazing.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Chosen an expensive option there but you could try Wollongong, less than two hours south of Sydney, access to the sea is easy and it is a large city in its own right. The country around there is spectacular and all amenities close at hand
    sniper65 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2012, 03:27 AM
    Perth,Melbourne,Adelaide,sydney and brisbane.
    Westside30 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 09:34 PM
    You could try Geelong in Victoria. It's fairly small, laid back city with about 230,000 people. It's located on the bay and is a short drive from the Great Ocean Road, and a one hour train/car trip to Melbourne.
    secretscorpio Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 07:33 AM
    If you are trying to get here illegally, don't bother coming. You said to live here in Australia? Do you tend to work, pay tax like the rest of us Australians and pay your way? What country do you come from? We hate bludgers here.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by secretscorpio View Post
    If you are trying to get here illegally, dont bother coming. You said to live here in Australia? Do you tend to work, pay tax like the rest of us Australians and pay your way? What country do you come from? We hate bludgers here.
    What a grouch
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
    you have left out a lot of places that offer a less expensive alternative but still give you value

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PR in Australia [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys I am going to Australia for s higher studies.I have done B.Tech in computer Science and now I am going to pursue BIT+MIT( in 2years).Can u tell me what r the chances of getting PR in Australia on the basis of my course.This course makes 120 points needed for PR. Please reply

I work in one city that witdraws taxes, and I'm being hounded by a city for taxes wh [ 2 Answers ]

Hamilton County, Ohio, is withdrawing taxes, where I work. I live in another county. A city I lived in 3 years ago is hounding me for current taxes and demands I have some kind of proof that I moved! My current salary is about $14,000. Can't afford an attorney to help. Who am I suppose to pay?...

View more questions Search