Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Augustgal Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 06:06 PM
    False Negative blood and urine pregnancy tests?
    I am 29 been trying to get pregnant for months... My last period is now almost 10wks ago.(70days) I have been to the doctor several times and several tests have been done... All pregnancy tests come back negative... my progesterone was also low, so doctor said I probably never ovulated... Why? I did feel pregnant, I have been quite regular cycles... My fellow nurses have stated they themselves and accuaintances have experienced false negative blood and urine tests... But, what about progesterone levels... Am I wrong to take progesterone now?? Should I keep waiting??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 06:09 PM
    You should go for a second opinion. Maybe have an ultrasound done. Understand that stress can also cause these symptoms. Our chemical make up detests the reactions of stress on our bodies and can do terrible things to us.
    Augustgal Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 06:21 PM
    The doctor said she is confident that I am not pregnant but did not offer to do a pelvic exam as we have done 2 blood tests and hundreds of urines... She said that basically I would not miscarry if by some odd chance I am pregnant, but she is confident that I am not pregnant at this time and also gave me an Rx for Clomid.
    motoralondon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 05:22 PM
    You may not be pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faint Positive tests and then negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my situation. First of all, you should know that I'm on Metformin because I have very irregular periods and am borderline PCOS. Now for the tests. The first day of my last period was Oct 21st. This is not uncommon for me to be this late, but I took a test anyway to see if I was...

Would an ectopic pregnancy cause a false negative? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I don't really know much about Ectopic Pregnancies... However I was treated for Chlamydia about 3 years ago(very long story). Anyhow, I haven't had my period since the 9th of November and have had unprotected sex with my hubby all month. He isn't aware that I have ever been treated for...

Missed Period All pregnancy Tests Negative! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... I came off the pill back in November when I had my last period! As my husband and I hope to conceive. I was due a period on the 21st of December but no sign... I have done three tests all negative! I have also been to my doctor with no help!! I'm worried as I am having my wisdom teeth out...

Minute blood in urine [ 3 Answers ]

I took a medical exam for my job today, part of the procedure is to do a urinalysis.. . Checking for sugar. When the doctor came into the exam room he told me that blood was detected in the urine. This is not visible to the human eye. He said I might wish to check it out with my GP sometime. He...

3 hpt and 3 urine tests [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 2 months late on my period, I have tooken 3 hpt and 3 urine test at the clinic that came back +. I have also tooken 3 blood test that came back -. Is there a possibility that I still can be pregnant and have a - blood test?

View more questions Search