Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel2705 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 12:54 PM
    Accused of stealing
    Working in a care home for people with learning disabilities accused of stealing some monies. Some of the financial sheets are missing. The person who are accusing me have retain some photocopies assuming without my managers knowledge. Can she use the photocopies as evidence against me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2012, 12:57 PM
    If you need to talk to a solicitor you will have to find one tomorrow. As far as I know we have no solicitors who are members here. And you DO need to talk to one if you are being charged with a crime.

Photocopies can be used as evidence if they can be verified.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2012, 01:09 PM
    Do we know this is not in US?

At any rate, yes, any and all evidence can be presented. The Judge would decide if it's admissible.

I've seen evidence I wouldn't BELIEVE the Court would accept be accepted. I was in Court last week when a Judge announced that emails are not admissible. Needless to say there was a legal argument and he changed his mind.

But, yes - and what would be on the statements that would incriminate you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accused of stealing!! [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out that my bosses from a part time job did not put me back on the calender to work. The problem is they have informed everyone but me of this and have told everyone but me the I reason was because I stole from the register. This however is not true and I want to know my rights to...

I have been accused of stealing up to $1000 for not invoicing correctly? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex employer has just rung yelling at me telling me that I have over paid myself by $1000 over a 2 month period. I told him that I was not paid for any work that I did not do, I have just forgotten to invoice for all the hours that I have worked. H is demanding that I pay back the $1000 that he...

My husband have been accused of stealing and have been arrested what should he do? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband have been accused of stealing from UPS. He haven't been near that place since last year when he use to work there and they have accused him for stealing on April 9,2010 and April 12, 2010. Detectives are saying that they have video footage of him stealing but I and his family is one...

Accused of Stealing [ 36 Answers ]

I am on State Probation and I have been for 2 years now and still have 2 more to go. I started my own business due to I have to work and no one wants to hire someone with a record not to mention I have 4 babies 9 and under. I have never been accused of stealing from a customer until a week and a...

My husband was accused of stealing $4000 from his job. What can I do? [ 21 Answers ]

I have a long story that I am desperate for advice on and I am hoping that you will read it all... I have a question that I am desperate for help with. My husband was recently accused of taking money from his work. He works for a gas station and has been employed there for 3 years....

View more questions Search