Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kabaker Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 07:24 PM
    year end total revenue from total expenses
    I have a financial statement for a non-profit for four clinics, where you have to fill in the missing values. If you have a missing value for total revenue and have the value for total expenses and visa versa. How do you calculate the missing value? Do you obtain it from the assets/liability/equity information from the column above?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 04:00 AM

From past experience one can get at the
    Approximate MARGIN RATE.
    If you can obtain such a figure, this would enable you to get to the missing figures.
    There is definitely a mathematical relationship
    Between these figures.

Example :- 1/4
    This becomes 1/5
    How?

1 is the numerator
    4 is the denominator.

You add the numerator to the denominator
    Thus 1/4 becomes 1/5

Another example:-

Say 3/16
    Becomes 3/19.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2009, 07:46 PM

If it's four different clinics, why would they have the same margin?

kabaker, I think I might know the type of problem you're talking about, but we can't give specific answers without more detail from you. You're not really saying exactly what you're trying to do or what is available.

You can use the accounting equation to get missing totals. (e.g. total equity) You also may want to know that equity is made up only of revenues, expenses, investments and payouts. If corporation, investments are stock and payouts are dividends. If sole proprietorship, investments are investments and payouts are drawing.

That info might help. If not, please be more specific about what you have available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding total revenue with limited info [ 1 Answers ]

Green Company reported the following amounts at the end of its first year of operations: Contributed Capital $30,000 Total Expenses $61,000 Total Assets $90,000 Dividends $16,000 Total Liabilities $25,000 Calculate the total revenues earned by Green Company during its first year of...

How to calculate total revenue and dividends [ 8 Answers ]

I am stuck on one question with two parts. I have tried to work on this for several hours and attempted to look up and Google for any help. A. I have to find the total revenue of a business with only summaries of data from the balance sheet, income statement and retained earnings...

Total annual expenses [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Could someone please tell me if I could include my total annual expenses as some kind of exemption deduction for the 2007 taxes? I'll be filing F1040 NR since I'm a non-resident alien on H1B. Also, my second question is about the OPT to H1B transition... my visa status changed from...

View more questions Search