Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sfoanna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 12:46 PM
    Dryer in rental not good, should I buy one?
    Hi!

I just moved in to a rental house in California, where our electricity and gas are very expensive (just like everyone else!). I did a load of laundry on a hot, dryish day, and the dryer was awful. It took about 70 minutes to dry the average size load. I am thinking that it would be very, very expensive to do the wash here. I wonder if I should buy a new dryer for $300 or so, how much would I save over what period?

Or, is there an easy fix to a not-very-hot (not even really warm) dryer?

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 27, 2006, 01:12 PM
    First go to the landlord and complain. They may replace it. Next check your lease to see if you replace any appliances, whether they become part of the unit. Then contact your local utilities and ask them for comparative costs of running a new versus old dryer. Finally check out the cost of laundromats.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental [ 2 Answers ]

I didn't realize that all we had to do to remove tenants at will was give them a 30 day no fault notice to quit with no reason. Instead I stated that my children will be moving in. Now I would have to have a good reason if I was taken to court why they didn't. What would be a sufficient reason...

Rental Deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! Can a H1B holder claim deduction for rent ? Also can they claim for job miles ? My tax consultant is saying that a H1B holder can claim both rent and job miles deductions. Please let me know. Thanks a lot for your help. Chandra.

Rental Fee [ 2 Answers ]

Once upon a time (last April 2005) I looked at an apartment and thought I really liked it. (It was a September rental and we were on top of things) So my roommates and I paid the fee to hold the apartment so nobody else could rent it for the time being. 2 days later after a little more research...

Rental laws.. [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in the same apartment for 17 months, we pay $650. With utilities included... also included w/ the apartment is washer/dryer. After living here for 3 months the dryer broke and we have repeatedly been asking for this to be fixed. Our landord is a dumbass and still has not...

Kansas Rental Law [ 3 Answers ]

I rent a house from a private landlord and just recently found out that the roof in one of the rooms leaks. Unfortunately, I found out by discovering my $2000 keyboard soaked and destroyed after a rainstorm. I'm curious if there is a liability law stating that my landlord will have to cover the...

View more questions Search