Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kennyc Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2005, 05:18 AM
    Cat Not Using litter tray all the time
    Hi I have a 12 year old Domestic Short haird Female cat who is desexed, she has lived out doors most of her life but now she is living indoors, its been a few months now, anyway I bought her a litter tray.

I put the litter tray in the laundry and that is also where she eats but it is not right next to the tray, there isn't really anywhere else I can put the litter tray and feed her, anyway she will use the litter tray when I lock her in the laundry, and sometimes she will use it on her own, but other times she will walk past the laundry, come upstairs and pee on the mat in one of the bathrooms upstairs, how come she uses it sometimes and not other times, its really annotying because I no she will use it and she has on her own but other time she will just come upstairs and do it.

I am usually upstairs when she does it upstairs as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    erichss Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2005, 09:52 PM
    With a cat that old it may be hard to break her.
    Also, the cat will smell where it has tinkled before and continue to do so in that spot. If you can't get the smell out of that mat for sure, you may have to get rid of it.
    Also some cats will not use the liter boxes if, to them, it's too full of their own mess.
    These are just some ideas.

Jul 28, 2005, 10:04 PM
    I bought some cat repellent and sprayed it on the area, ill you no how it goes
    erichss Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2005, 10:12 PM
    That stuff should work. We used it to keep our cats from going underneath the recliner we had.

Jul 29, 2005, 05:33 AM
    Well here is the annalises, just before my cat peed on a different spot, a mat in the kitchen, so I was just giving up, 5 minutes after cleaning it up I sprayed it with cat repellent. After that I thought id try the nipcat spray to attract her to the litter box, anyway I sprayed it around the litter box and in the area, 10 minutes after her peeing on the mat she smelt the nipcat and then she pooped in the litter box, hopefully that has solved the problem.

Ill let you as I test more days

Aug 6, 2005, 07:19 AM
    Man I just don't get it, maybe my cat is just dumb, earlyer today she went and pooped in the litter box on her own and I cleaned it all up. Then just before she came upstairs again and peed on the mat again, like she bloody used the thing earler today, why then ignore it and come all they upstairs and pee on a mat, ahhh!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat makes a mess with the litter tray [ 9 Answers ]

I have recently adopted my friends cat as they are moving to spain. I have kept her in for awhile (nearly 2 weeks now) so she can get use to us and her new surrondings, I was told she is litter trained and she does use her tray however she then throws the cat litter ( when I am not looking) all...

Hide icon tray.. [ 4 Answers ]

I want to hide tray icon of my open program so that other can't use it... I all ready try systrayx it good but demo version is now enddate, so I'm just trying to find if there is any tray icon hider available "FREE SOFTWARE" :D...

Little green computer no longer in tray [ 10 Answers ]

I have a dial-up connection and after I had to re-install the modem the little green computer disappeared from the tray by the clock. Is there a way to put it back or get it back? Have Win98SE, and can't boot into safe mode only into dos. Thanks for your detailed help.

Adult cat changed litter tray habits-help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have had my cat since she was a kitten, she is now anout 1.5 years. She has always been excellent at using her litter tray and 'going' out side until recently. There is a cat that come into the garden that scares her and I understand this might put her off from 'going' in the garden all...

DOS CD Tray Closing Program [ 1 Answers ]

May 11, 2004 People, I'm running Windows 98SE and I use Ghost 2003 Extensivly to make updated Image files of my C Drive in case of a screw-up. I write Batch files to automate the process so I can do other things while the Image is made and

View more questions Search