Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moviegal100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 03:30 PM
    My mouse is locked on my laptop, how do I fix it?
    I'm trying to work my laptop, I'm turning it on and entering my password but the mouse on the laptop itself won't work. Is there anything I can do to fix it?:( :( :( :( :(
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Feb 7, 2008, 04:28 PM
    What kind of laptop is it? On mine you press Function + F9 button
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 7, 2008, 06:06 PM
    By "mouse on my laptop" is that an actual normal mouse with a cord plugged into the laptop? Or are you using the touchpad on the laptop and calling it a mouse?

If it's the touchpad, that is a device that needs software to load to work right. You can get a USB mouse and plug it in and since it's a standard device (unlike your touchpad), it should start working immediately.

If that works, now you can troubleshoot the touchpad drivers.
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Feb 9, 2008, 10:35 AM
    I assumed that she meant the touchpad because she said "the mouse on the laptop itself"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP laptop keyboard locked [ 1 Answers ]

Woke up to find that none of the keys on my laptop worked. I solved this by turning off the laptop, unplugging power from both wall and laptop, taking out the battery and then doing everything in reverse - putting battery back in, etc. By some miracle the keyboard worked. The question is: is...

Laptop mouse not working [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop mouse is somehow locked and I can not click on anything what should I do

Locked up laptop [ 1 Answers ]

My friend has just recently brought a brand new advent laptop, however when she pressed a key she got a message up saying that hey keyboard has been locked. Does anyone know anyway that she is able to unlock her keyboard? Thank you

Laptop keyboard is locked [ 8 Answers ]

How do I unlock the keyboard on dell inspiron 2500?

Laptop Keyboard Locked [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Goodmorning, I opened my laptop this morning and the keyboard does not work. I tried typing and nothing happens. Can somebody please help me.

View more questions Search