Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Story Writer Posts: 108, Reputation: 13

Oct 8, 2013, 03:19 AM
    Suggest me a plot
    I read stories and I really like these, and want to write one. However, even as I can make sentences, no plot comes to my mind. Please suggest me some good plot, so that I would be able to write a story.

All replies will be appreciated.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2013, 05:15 AM
    That's not how to be a successful writer. If we suggest plots to you, you won't be inspired to see it through. Do some creative writing techniques to help you come up with a plot. Brainstorm a new idea and let it be yours. That will keep you motivated to see it through.
    iLuvReading Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2013, 05:41 AM
    Read some good short stories and novels to get a better idea at what and how to write. Remember, it's the author who himself/herself thinks the plot, introduce characters and write the story. All the best!
    One more thing, for great short stories visit www.ibuzzle.com :D
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 11:22 AM
    Maybe you could write a story... or even a series of stories... about a young boy named Henry Porter, who discovers he has magical powers and he attends a magical school and meets magical friends and has magical adventures.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 11:27 AM
    Open any fiction book. Copy down the first sentence. Close the book and put it away. Now, write a short story based on that sentence. It could be 100 words or 500 words or 1000 words -- doesn't matter. The exercise of thinking and creating a storyline/plot/adventure based on that one sentence will be good practice.

Then let someone read what you wrote and give feedback.

Do this at least once a day.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2013, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Maybe you could write a story...or even a series of stories...about a young boy named Henry Porter, who discovers he has magical powers and he attends a magical school and meets magical friends and has magical adventures.
    Unreal. You always come up with the most creative original ideas of anyone in the world.

If I only had a brain I would know the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    Unreal. You always come up with the most creative original ideas of anyone in the world.

If I only had a brain I would know the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.
    I am very creative. From your last sentence, I was able to develop a story... a comedy actually, that would probably work well for a movie. It would be about an airplane crew and some crazy stuff that goes on. I even came up with some "gags" for it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2013, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    I am very creative. From your last sentence, I was able to develop a story...a comedy actually, that would probably work well for a movie. It would be about an airplane crew and some crazy stuff that goes on. I even came up with some "gags" for it.
    Too funny! And one of my favorites. I love slapstick.
    Story Writer Posts: 108, Reputation: 13

Oct 23, 2013, 03:26 AM
    I wrote a story, the crux of which is as follows-

The dead body of Dr. Alice is hanging in her room. It is observed by the warden of the hostel, where she stayed. Now the whole of the staff is talking about what happened yesterday. And, rather what has been happening in the hospital for last one year, since the day Dr. John joined the hospital.

(The the flashback)
    Dr. John is MD (eyes) and Dr. Alice MBBS (eyes). Rivalry, envy or jealousy. God knows but before he joined the tidings of his personality were doing the rounds and the staff members talked of it in spicy words.

And, when he joined Alice behaved very amicably at his face but backbit against him behind his back. It went for so many days, and never stopped.

Dr John stayed in the hospital itself while the hostel was a bit far, where Alice lived. A young man took tuition from him about medical science. The boy being smart and of almost same age as Alice, the latter got interested in him. The young man named William would leave his notes, copies or books in John's room, which was the main office also during day time.

One day John saw Alice touching the books of John. When Alice left, he looked in to the books and found something scribbled on the front cover of one of the books 'SEE WITHIN THE COVER,' He opened the cover and to his utmost surprise he found a letter, which went like this - "THis is my first letter to you and will be last if you did not reply. I am Alice and...." It was lenghty and John was moved to read it. Then he himself wrote a letter, "I have same feelings" and stuff like that... Then there was regular letter-interactions, even as these were written by John posing as William. Sometimes he would write "this Dr. John is a bad guy, What do you think of him? Do you like him or not and why ....?" In reply, she would spit enormous venom against him and said that this man has become senior to me and my all authority has subsided and like this.

He also wrote "If you see me publically or even physically I would not react as even the pitchers have ears." Due to this the face-to-face flat encounters had a 'secret' created by John. Alice told him that she wanted to entangle him somewhere so that he gets off and then he and she can enjoy life as he is an obstacle. (Why? For this some reason his to be created... but I think this 'obstacle' point can be left)

One day there was notice for 2 day examination for recruitment of clerks in the hospital. The first test had been given and today was the second and last test. Alice went to his room and found an envelope lying in the almirah which was open. She took the envelope which was sealed and went to the staff/common room. She tore open the seal and scattered the papers on the table, saying, "Now this irresponsible and careless doctor will get a lesson. I will leave no stone unturned to get him suspened and off here..."

"What is this?"
    "Love letters?"
    "Alice 's handwriting?"

These were the onliners which shocked Alice. When she picked one of the papers, she was blank.
    (As in Indian milieu, the love is a taboo and for a highly positioned girl/female, this is not uncommon but if people learn about it, it is very low thing as the social status of such a person touches the ebb/nider)

Moral - If you dig someone's grave, you can fall in it too!

THIS IS THE STORY WHICH I HAVE THOUGHT OF WRITING. KINDLY ADD SIGNIFICANT POINTS TO MAKE IT MORE IMPRESSIVE. I SHALL BE GRATEFUL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Canadian plot [ 36 Answers ]

Where the Boston plot seems to indicate a lone wolf operation largely without the cooperation of a foreign based support cell. (any evidence to the contrary probably died with Tamerlan Tsarnaev). The same can't be said about the Canadian plot . Canadian police linked the plot to destroy a...

Losing the Plot. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I just need to let this out somewhere. Better here than with friends and loved one. I'm deeply dissatisfied with my job. I also don't feel that I belong any more. Where out for the evening with "friends" everyone constantly judges and misunderstands me. I have a dark sense of humour, I...

Only the plot to go on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for the author and tiltle of a book I read a while ago. It's set in rural England where a girl comes over from America to stay with her cousins. Then a (fictional) war breaks out, all communications are shut down so it's chaos. They're stuck at this farmhouse with no adults, the...

Need a title to this plot [ 3 Answers ]

I saw a movie back in the 70's that by then was probably already 20 years old, and for the life of me I can't think of the title. It was about a man who abducted a woman, and kept her in his basement apartment, for some time, and she ended up falling in love with him and didn't want to leave. It...

The plot [ 2 Answers ]

What's the plot of this movie called the Prestige??

View more questions Search