Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bimmeraddict Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2006, 08:39 PM
    Peerless kitchen faucet low pressure?
    Hey there,
    I want to first off say thanks for any and all input on the matter its much appreciated.
    I have peerless model# p99578 it's the kitchen faucet two handles and one long neck up the middle. This thing has very little pressure when using hot or cold? It does however have great pressure on the sprayer and all the other sinks and outlets in the house have great pressure also. I took it apart and I couldn't see anything obstructing its way? I'm thinking it's the diverter guy up the middle? I have tried to take it out however I can't get it to budge? Its made of cheap plastic and I don't want to tear it up. I wanted to ask someone else before continuing to rip it apart. Could someone tell me what they think before the old lady kills me because she has no sink... Thanks again, Kris
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 30, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Hi Kris,
    Try this. Remove the aerator and check the screens for trash. While the aerator's off turn on the water. Full stream out of the spout? Let me know what you find. Tom
    Bimmeraddict Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Hi Kris,
    Try this. Remove the aerator and check the screens for trash. While the aerator's off turn on the water. Full stream out of the spout? Let me know what you find. Tom

Hey there Speedball1,
    I tried that first and the water still is just a trickle,cold or hot?.
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 1, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Hey Kris,

Shut the water off to the faucet and remove the knobs. Under the knobs you will find a brass nut. This will be the bonnet packing nut. Unscrew that and pull up the stem unit assembly. Check the stem unit assembly and the seats and springs inside for any crud or trash the maybe blocking the flow.
    Place a pan over the open faucet and turn the water on to flush out the inlet ports in the faucet. The supplies sound clear since you have pressure at the sprayer. Reassemble and test. Good luck, Tom
    wilber Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 06:06 PM
    The aerator at the very end of the spout is basically a faulty design.
    The teeny hole in the center of the top part of the aerator assembly
    Allows very little water through. I 'fixed' the problem by using the aerator
    Assembly (with some custom modification necessary) from my old
    Faucet, and voilą, it works like a champ!
    wilber Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wilber
    The aerator at the very end of the spout is basically a faulty design.
    The teeny hole in the center of the top part of the aerator assembly
    allows very little water thru. I 'fixed' the problem by using the aerator
    assembly (with some custom modification necessary) from my old
    faucet, and voila, it works like a champ!
    PS: Turns out that piece with the teeny hole can be removed! But I didn't
    Find that out till I tried to make the hole bigger. Then it snapped out! So,
    I put the original aerator back in sans the plastic disk with the teeny hole,
    And that worked too!
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 2, 2008, 08:02 AM
    That "teeny hole" is a water saver. It's there to cut down on the volume of water that's being used. They put them in shower heads also. Simply pry out and toss. Good luck, Tom
    grlie9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 06:02 PM
    I have the same faucet and the same problem (and apparently I'm not the only as there are a lot of these posts)! The aerator in mine did have several screens but removing a couple didn't fix the problem. We got a new aerator and that didn't work either plus when you take the aerator off and let the water run it is no better. So, it's NOT THE AERATOR!! We have taken this stupid thing completely apart many time and cleaned every single thing even the supply hose and soaked everything in vinegar (breaks up the calcium deposits) with no or almost no improvement. So, its NOT DUE TO MINERAL BUILDUP AND/OR SEDIMENT! I bought this faucet with my house so I can't use the warranty though I know the previous owner and am about to ask them if they have the receipt so I can try to use the warranty. Anyway this is really frustrating and irritating but I am determined to get to the bottom of it
    Sonya
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 16, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grlie9
    i have the same faucet and the same exact problem (and apparently im not the only as there are a lot of these posts)! The aerator in mine did have several screens but removing a couple didn't fix the problem. we got a new aerator and that didn't work either plus when you take the aerator off and let the water run it is no better. so, it's NOT THE AERATOR!!! we have taken this stupid thing completely apart many time and cleaned every single thing even the supply hose and soaked everything in vinegar (breaks up the calcium deposits) with no or almost no improvement. so, its NOT DUE TO MINERAL BUILDUP AND/OR SEDIMENT! i bought this faucet with my house so i can't use the warranty though i know the previous owner and am about to ask them if they have the receipt so i can try to use the warranty. anyway this is really frustrating and irritating but i am determined to get to the bottom of it
    sonya
    Hi Sonya. When you hadcthe faucet apart did you turn the water on for a minute to flush out the supplies and open valve body? Do you flush your heater on a regular schedule? Back to you. Tom
    jcims Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grlie9
    i have the same faucet and the same exact problem (and apparently im not the only as there are a lot of these posts)!
    Hi Sonya, I think I have your fix. Here is what we were getting out of our _brand new_ faucet with both taps wide open:

I pulled the screen end off and popped out the plastic assembly inside (mind the rubber o-ring that comes with it). Note the vastly improved flow behind my hand... if taking the screen off entirely doesn't improve things, this won't either.

That little hole at the top is the culprit. Stick a pen, pair of scissors, etc into it and pry... it pops right out:

Put the funky bit back into the faucet.. the post in the middle holds the screens in place and keeps the water flow nice and controlled. Put the o-ring back in and put the whole assembly back together. Voilą!:

We have two completely different peerless faucets, both purchased in 2008, and the process was exactly the same for both. Not sure how to fix the annoying drip you can kind of see at the rear of the end of the faucet... but oh well.
    pomme333 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 09:40 AM

I got peerless faucets with plastic inside and only brass nut I find is way at bottom of the faucets on the cover of the main part. How do I get the inserts out. Cannot find any brass nut directly under the knobs??

Feb 11, 2009, 04:29 AM

Never mind, mine were chrome plated, thanks, found them fixed it

Feb 11, 2009, 04:31 AM
    I used a spoon handle to take out the diverter and found out the thing has a spring assembly inside. Store sells them for about 10 bucks, I wonder if they are really needed, seems like they might be some kind of anti drip mechanism
    errrrm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 07:41 PM
    I think she mentioned removing the aerator and it didn't work.
    Mine doesn't either.
    Buying a new faucet seemed to fix the problem. Strange how the hot and cold stopped at the same time?
    I wonder if it had anything to do with that plastic thing inside the base of the spout. My faucet doesn't have a sprayer but has this plastic thing, unlike other brands without sprayers. I have installed a lot of faucets(including this model) and this is the first time I have run into this problem.
    punkie311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 08:47 AM
    I have a 2 handle faucet with a sprayer. I have plenty of pressure with the spayer but very little at spout. I took the sreen off the end of the spout but still no pressure. I think that it is something wrong with the diverter. Can I take it out ? It appears to be not much more than a plastic sleeve inside the base of the rotating spout.
    chloemariebenso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2013, 02:36 PM
    I know this is an old post BUT I just wanted to say that <a href="https://www.plumbersstock.com/category/292/peerless-faucets/">Peerless faucets</a> have come a long way in the recent years. Along with Delta, Peerless is manufactured to have greater quality and better parts. I love the Peerless faucet I had installed about 3 months ago, it's still working like a charm!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with a Peerless Two Handle Kitchen Faucet w/Sprayer [ 4 Answers ]

Culprit: Peerless Two Handle Kitchen Faucet w/Sprayer Two part question: 1) Need instructions and photo illustrations (if possible) on fixing a dripping faucet; and 2) same for separate sprayer worked fine just after install but now it does not spray. A slight stream of water is coming from the...

Poor pressure in my kitchen faucet, too [ 7 Answers ]

I think that the pressure in my whole house is "challenged"--not terrible, but not as good as I'd like. The kitchen faucet pressure is really poor and I suspect there is some kind of "water saving" something somewhere in the faucet. I have removed and cleaned the aerating section and cleaned the...

No pressure in my kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into this house about 4 months ago, and all the faucets have great pressure except my kitchen faucet. I get no pressure there, and now very little water coming out of the faucet at all. The house is 11 years old, I have no idea what to do. Can you offer any suggestions?

Kitchen faucet pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my single handle kitchen faucet to a double handle faucet. (No special reason.) I added a sprayer also. Everything has worked great, which has been about 3 months up until about a week ago. I have good pressure when I turn on either the cold or hot, but when I turn on the other, the...

Kitchen Faucet No pressure Why? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, My kitchen faucet used to work just fine (normal pressure) but now it has no pressure and when I turn it off it takes a few seconds to shut off. Even when I turn on both (hot and cold) full blast my pressure never changes. Do I have a leak in the pipe some where? Please help. Don't...

View more questions Search