Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    utz4evr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Passport restrictions
    What criminal background can prevent a US born citizen from being able to obtain a passport? How many years back and for what convictions &/or arrests would be a problem? We are hoping to take a cruise for our honeymoon this fall, and with the new laws, we are just trying to see if there will be problems. (He is 60 & had some run-ins with the law many many years ago.) Thank you for your assistance.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Feb 8, 2008, 08:23 PM
    I am pretty sure that you would have to talk to some officials with the state in which the charges were and they will be able to send you a form or something.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 08:24 PM
    It is not getting a passport, it is the nation you want to go to, and them allowing you a visa to enter.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Feb 8, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Oh, well, I am not sure on that one. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restrictions on retained earnings [ 1 Answers ]

Retained earnings, December 31 $233,000 (b) Assume Eddie Zambrano Corp. restricted retained earnings in the amount of $70,000 " on December 31, 2007. After this action, what would Zambrano report as total retained earnings in its December 31, 2007, balance...

Travel Restrictions for Felons [ 1 Answers ]

I am off Federal probation in a couple of months for a white collar crime (conspiracy to defraud IRS). I served my halfway house time and all restitution and fines have been paid. I now live in Florida. I would like to travel on a cruise or fly to Canada or Europe with my wife. I still have my...

Site restrictions [ 2 Answers ]

my x boyfriend who was extremely over protective to the point of being a nutter - has set restrictions on the websites I'm allowed on - he didn't like me chatting to my old mates and has password protected and blocked sites as friends reunited and bblocked my Facebook page. I have friends all of...

Probation travel restrictions [ 1 Answers ]

What , if any is the process to obtain travel permits while on probation, specifically unsupervised probation.

Beam Restrictions [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2" x 12" beams that make up the upstairs of my condo and was wondering what the furthest distance apart the load bearing walls that support the beams can be.

View more questions Search