Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    upbyrd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Relocated , Buy house before short sale?
    My husband has been relocated with his company from California to Oregon. We've had our house up for sale for almost 3 months now reducing the price gradually from 269k to 229k w/out any calls. I've had different options thrown out at me. Some say buy a house in Oregon, before negotiating a short sale or deed in lieu, but I want to know what the repercussions would be on the new home in Oregon- would we get a lien on our house, or would we have to pay back a certain amount and how much?
    Or would it be suggested that we rent in Oregon and risk not being able to buy a home for a long while due to the settlement or foreclosure?
    I'm confused because I'm getting advice that I'm not sure is in the best interest for me and my family. Please advise. Thank you
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 10:26 PM
    With the market the way it is right now - it could take a while to sell your home. So, unless you can afford two mortgages - I would rent in Oregon. Or your husband could go ahead of you - have his company set him up in an apartment until your house sells and then you could join him. Or the company could buy your house?

Do you have your house listed with an agent? They can be more aggressive. Ask to do open houses. Then ask to do a Broker's open. That is where you invite local realtors to view your home (and you feed them) at that point you could offer an incentive to the selling agent. All of this can be accomplished through your realtor.
    upbyrd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NowWhat
    With the market the way it is right now - it could take a while to sell your home. So, unless you can afford two mortgages - I would rent in Oregon. Or your husband could go ahead of you - have his company set him up in an apartment until your house sells and then you could join him. Or the company could buy your house?
    THank you for the quick response. His job doesn't offer relocation assistance and we can't even afford to rent in Oregon and pay the mortgage on this house.:(
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Then I would make sure that my listing agent is very aggressive. Stay on him/her to make sure that is happening. Use every marketing tool available.
    Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax on house sale profit [ 3 Answers ]

We own a house in Pennsylvania. It is our only hose and our family home. We bought the house in Sept 2006. If we sell during 2007 will we have to pay US tax on any profit? What happens if we make a loss - is this tax deductable?:

House sale profit [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are expecting to make a decent profit from the sale of our 1st house. We are separating so we will not be buying another house anytime soon. What kind of taxes/penalties should we expect to pay in order to pay off bills, split the profits, etc?

Short Sale v. Foreclosure [ 4 Answers ]

I am in desperate need of advice! My husband and I bought our house in 2004 and have refinanced twice since then, due to medical bills, job loss, etc. My husband got taken for a real ride with this last refi he signed. We are currently in a negative am adding $2000 a month to our loan... we need...

FHA short sale [ 4 Answers ]

I sold my house over 4 years ago via a short sale because I had been laid off and could no longer afford to pay my monthly mortgage. I received a letter in the mail yesterday, Feb 22, 2007, from HUD saying that I owed them $4900. I can only assume that this is from the property that was sold 01/03,...

Enrichment? House sale [ 1 Answers ]

My perents got a legal separation and so that my mother can live by herself she they are about to sell a 5 familly house in brooklyn. They bought this house about 10 years ago and for the past 7 we have owned it but have rented out the apartaments and have not lived in it ourselves. We own and have...

View more questions Search