Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esmeralda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 02:01 PM
    My ceiling fan remote will not work, hampton bay Model #UC7083T?
    The Red Light Does Turn On But It Won't Work. I Threw Away The Instructions Please Help!!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
    What is it not doing?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    rook_mears Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 06:27 AM
    A SOLUTION TO REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM

HAMPTON BAY, KING OF FANS
    UPC# 082392552954 -maybe.

I HAD problems with my remote not working. I would turn on the switch and the fan would stay in one mode; light off, fan on slow.

But what fixed my problem was just RE-SETTING THE DIP SWITCHES in the remote itself. Not for the purpose of changing the frequency, but just making sure the switches were still firmly set in the on or off positions. Mine was up, up, up, down. So I took a small blade and moved each switch up and down 3 or 4 times... made sure the switches were in the original positions and shazam! Working.

And make sure to have FRESH BATTERIES, Duracell's are the best in my book. There is a low battery indicator on the remote but if they are REALLY low the display still works but the low battery indicator does not.

(I did actually take down my fan and install it in another room in this process here, so there is a 5% chance this could have 'done something' to fix the problem too, but the set up was too easy.)

If you're thinking there may be a lot of dust in the fan, on the computer inside the fan, forget it. It does not get dirty. I had a pretty dusty room and the computer and electronics in the fan were in a plastic housing and very clean after being install for over 4 years, maybe like 5 or 6 years.

Hope that helps you guys.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Good point. The dip switches can become unseated.
    jacksonian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 02:13 PM
    My UC7083T remote quit working after about a little over a year. I bought a new fan just like it thinking the fan was the problem. The new remote worked just fine, so I then assumed it was the old remote.

Then I found this site and answer. The old remote had all the switches DOWN, while the new remote had all the switches UP. When I switched the old remote switches to all UP, the old remote worked just fine.

So, I'm not sure what happened, because I never touched the switches on the old remote prior to this. Did something happen that made the fan change frequencies?
    Uber Member

May 27, 2007, 03:11 PM
    More than likely, something happened and the switches got bumped or something.
    jacksonian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 03:21 PM
    That seems pretty unlikely since I never knew they were there before, unless I dropped it on the bottom end and the force moved all those switches down. But I can't believe that, it took a firm push with a blade to move those things. Oh well, whatever happened, it's working now.
    Uber Member

May 28, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Either something would have to have bumped the switches in the fan, or in the remote. Maybe changing the battery?
    mitch111444555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 12:54 PM
    I just bought a hampton bay lyndhurst and light works but can't get the fan to work, can here motor making noise but no movement
    kadsfadsaf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 04:04 PM
    2nd response to this thread by rock_mears worked for me... WOO HOO!! Thanks!!
    Petej99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Thanks!! Your suggestion worked!!
    totmansigns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2013, 12:36 PM
    Thank you for that answer. Just moving the dip switches and putting them back the way they were fixed my remote. Thanks ever so much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 5 Answers ]

I have two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans in my office that works off the remote the problem is the remote will work one fan just fine but it doesn't work the other fan at all please help

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with Remote [ 4 Answers ]

We just replaced an existing ceiling fan with a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with remote. When using the remote, the lights can be turned on and dimmed. The fan speed changes with the brightness of the lights. (If the lights are dimmed the fan is slow - as you increase the light the fan speeds up). We...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan (472-219). It did not come with a remote. Can I purchase a remote and wire it to this fan?

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan w/Remote SWITCH WILL NOT WORK [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed all new ceiling fans in the house. They are all Hampton Bay's with remotes. The one in the kitchen and dinning room work by both the remote and the switch. However, when I installed the ones in the bedrooms, the wall switches will not work. There is a "red" wire up in the...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan W/remote [ 1 Answers ]

How do I switch wind direction?

View more questions Search