Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

May 29, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Get out of a Parking ticket downtown Nashville, TN
    Ok, so I got a parking ticket last night in downtown Nashville, Tennessee. I didn't notice the sign, and know I had seen motorcycles parked there before. Anyway, so I met the cop as she arrived and started writing my ticket. She was very rude, but that's beside the point. I am just wondering if my plan to get out of paying the ticket would work. Since the officer did not check the vin#, or write it down, couldn't I just say that my tag was stolen, and that I was not in Nashville that night? How would they know otherwise, unless they read this!? Also, my license was not checked or anything else. Can't I just deny that I was there, and say that someone borrowed or stole my bike tag?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Small catch in your planned story. Did you report your tag stolen PRIOR to getting the ticket?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Plus it just happened to be on a car the same year, the same color and same brand. Plus the officer saw you, so after you report it, they will merely serve you a ticket for filing a false police report. So a 40 dollar parking ticket will end up about 500 dollars and maybe a couple days in jail for filing a false report.

Just pay the ticket.
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Creative minds sometime work overtime on the wrong things.

I agree with Chuck. Just pay the ticket and don't park where you shouldn't next time.

May 30, 2008, 11:29 AM
    I was going to pay it all along, but it makes no sense that the officer would not check my license, registration, and make sure the tag matched the vehicle. And as far as reporting it stolen before it happened, that doesn't matter, because maybe I was working out of town or elsewhere and hadn't known it yet.
    Uber Member

May 30, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Whenever I've gotten a parking ticket even if I was in the car the police never asked me for my driver's license, nor did they check the VIN of my vehicle. I would just put my hand out the window and accept the ticket (I did not sign anything to get the ticket either). I got a swell ticket once for parking in a handi spot and I was in the car at the time. I saw the officer get out of his car and start writing up the ticket. I did not protest or move my car. Why should I protest as I was caught parking where I should not have been. That cost me $50 to park in the wrong spot that day and that was well over 25 years ago. Have not gotten another parking ticket since.

What do they do when the driver is not in the vehicle and it is empty? Write up the ticket and put it on the windshield and move on to the next customer.

May 30, 2008, 04:26 PM
    I guess it all comes down to the tag on the vehicle. That would suck if someone borrowed your vehicle and got parking tickets, and then they came back on you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Yes, works same way as with those stop light camera, if someone is using it, you get the ticket and have to testify as to who had it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ticket for parking in handicap zone? [ 11 Answers ]

1. You are just turning into the handicap spot. You are backing up and the police blocks you. He gives you a ticket for parking in the handicap zone. 2. You have not parked. You are just picking up someone for 1 minute. As you are backing up the police blocks you and gives you a ticket. Does...

Parking Ticket [ 10 Answers ]

I parked in the MIDDLE of a street. The sign said no parking Mon-Fri 8-6pm, it was Saturday. I got a ticket for $165.00. The ticket said I was blocking a pedestrian ramp. I looked on the other side of my Car and there was a indented section, but there were no signs for me to know this. It...

Parking ticket?  HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I sold a car on 02-04-2001 and it keeps coming back a costing me money. I was just sent a parking ticket bill that was giving to the car on 04-01-2001, 2 months after I sold it. I sent in a "lelease of liability" to the DMV when I sold it but it wasent recorded. Now I get a bill for $250 for a...

View more questions Search