Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    current80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Foreclosure on mobile homes
    I had filed bankruptcy earlier this year and I included my mobile home. The judge denied my reaffirmation agreement. I continued to pay my monthly payment but now with the economy bad and I just got laid off from my job I am two months behind. I know that they can not come after me for what they don't get out of my home but they are not working with me at all. They say if I voluntarily hand over the home that I would have 30 days to move out. Obviously I am going to need more time than that. I was wondering if there were other ways to get them to help me because the lady herself said that they did not want to. My home is in a trailer park and I have to pay lot rent as long as it is there.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 01:33 PM

Are you in a park where you can rent your home out? Some parks allow this and other parks don't. And yes, they can come after you for the remainder of the loan on the home if they want to. You need to figure out how you will pay rent in an apartment if you can't afford your loan amount and park rent now. Have you tried to sell it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2008, 03:18 PM

Well if this is a mobile home, not attached to land you own. Normally they will repo the trailer, not foreclose, and repo can happen in a few days time. So them giving you 30 days is beyond fair. So you need to make arrangements to be out that soon.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Well if this is a mobile home, not attached to land you own. normally they will repo the trailer, not foreclose, and repo can happen in a few days time. So them giving you 30 days is beyond fair. So you need to make arrangements to be out that soon.

Beat me to it! It would be a repo and 30 days is probably generous.
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 05:05 PM

The repo mobile homes now on the market that are located in mobile home parks are not being moved out of the mobile home park by the lender. We were just looking online today at my office at the repos that a certain lender has and the majority of the homes were still in their original parks! One repo we bought and resold recently had a title that was made by the lender into their name dated back in June 2006 and the home was still in the park until we moved it. It just sat there empty this whole time. It is expensive to relocate a trailer out of a mobile home park as the lender has to figure out where to park it so they just keep paying the park rent and try to sell it where it is. The only time a lender actually moves a repo'd home is when it is on private property. Or the mobile home park moves it out as the park rent has not been paid.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    The repo mobile homes now on the market that are located in mobile home parks are not being moved out of the mobile home park by the lender. We were just looking online today at my office at the repos that a certain lender has and the majority of the homes were still in their original parks!! One repo we bought and resold recently had a title that was made by the lender into their name dated back in June 2006 and the home was still in the park until we moved it. It just sat there empty this whole time. It is expensive to relocate a trailer out of a mobile home park as the lender has to figure out where to park it so they just keep paying the park rent and try to sell it where it is. The only time a lender actually moves a repo'd home is when it is on private property. Or the mobile home park moves it out as the park rent has not been paid.

In this instance how would the people holding the loan get the OP out of the mobile home?
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 05:54 PM

They would evict the people and let the mobile home stay. Happens all the time up here. Especially if it's in a park. Also, if the tenants don't pay park rent the park will evict the people and the lender has to pony up the monthly rent to keep the home in the park.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investing In Mobile Homes [ 5 Answers ]

Several people have told me that mobile homes are a great way to obtain rental property. How can you find great deals on mobile homes? I want to buy used mobile homes that need a little repair or new mobile homes at reasonable prices, but I don't I have a clue of where to start. In...

TN laws on Mobile Homes [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a mobile home in 2001 and went to file a insurance claim on it. The insurance co refused to pay because it was due to manufacturer defects ( no h clips, improper installation of roofing compounds ext. ) It was deemed a total lose. Since then the co. I bought it from and the manufacturer...

Value of Mobile Homes [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know the value of my mobile home for IRS purposes. It is a 28 x 76 double wide. 1994 Trinity.. 4 bedroom 3 bath. I owe 28000.00... Just need an idea or where to look Thanks

Abandoned houses/mobile homes [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to buy and fix up some abandoned houses and mobile homes around our town and need to know how to find the deeds to them without having to pay someone to find them. I live in Tucson, AZ. I already have the addresses I just need to know how to find who owns the deeds so I can buy the...

Mortgages for mobile homes? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: Can anyone tell me if they now of any company that will give mortgage for a mobile home with back credit? Please help

View more questions Search