Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Swanny99 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 05:51 PM
    80's or 90's kids show or movie-Fantasy
    This is driving me crazy because I can't find out if this a real show or a collaboration of show in my mind from when I was a kid.

The main characters are a brother and sister or maybe just a girl that have this magic crystal that takes them to another "fantasy land" where they meet up with these puppet type creatures and befriend this little red guy. He shows them around, and long story short they get caught by an evil witch and need to somehow find their way back home again.

If anyone remembers anything like that I would appriciate any information that you can give me.

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 24, 2006, 07:01 PM
    Labrynth? Maybe?'

Was the brother younger?

Aug 24, 2006, 08:14 PM
    No I looked into labryinth, like I said the other characters were puppets and it took place in a mystical forest type surrounding... I think
    Darah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 05:54 AM
    Well this is crazy.. I was just online and reaserching THE SAME SHOW
    And I can't think of the name of it either.. I thought about the movie 'the dark crystal' but its not the one I am thinking of, but possibly the same producer (Jim Henson I believe) anyway.. I will let you know if I have any luck because its driving me *****ing crazy!@!)(@*:eek:

Sep 2, 2006, 10:16 AM
    Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's looking for this show. I'll let you know if I find anything as well
    babygirl18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 09:07 PM
    There's this movie called escape to witch mountain... you should look into it its kind of along the lines... if that's not it sorry...
    Ang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 06:14 PM
    I Know This One-the Dark Crystal. Absolutely Positive.
    sek_gillis Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Nov 14, 2006, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny99
    This is driving me crazy because i can't find out if this a real show or a collaboration of show in my mind from when i was a kid.

The main characters are a brother and sister or maybe just a girl that have this magic crystal that takes them to another "fantasy land" where they meet up with these puppet type creatures and befriend this little red guy. He shows them around, and long story short they get caught by an evil witch and need to somehow find thier way back home again.

If anyone remembers anything like that i would appriciate any information that you can give me.

Thanks
    First off, it isn't labyrinth. That was with david bowie and an labyrinth. It's one of my favorites. Get it right people. It is the dark crystal. Another one of jim henson's darker muppet type movies. Its really good and you need to rewatch it!

Nov 17, 2006, 02:13 PM
    This is driving me crazy because i can't find out if this a real show or a collaboration of show in my mind from when i was a kid.

The main characters are a brother and sister or maybe just a girl that have this magic crystal that takes them to another "fantasy land" where they meet up with these puppet type creatures and befriend this little red guy. He shows them around, and long story short they get caught by an evil witch and need to somehow find thier way back home again.

If anyone remembers anything like that i would appriciate any information that you can give me.

Thanks
    Sorry folks, it's not labrynth, or the dark crystal. Of this I am sure.
    Nitemaire Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2007, 03:38 PM
    I think I might know. I had this movie called the Argon Quest, that might be it.
    The Argon Quest (1990)

Jan 14, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Argon quest stars a brother and sister who get a special item that takes them to a fantasy land. And all the creatures save for them are puppets. They have to save the land, and there is an evil witch that tries to stop them. And they also need to find a way home. And they do meet up with a creature and befriend it, and it's a pinkish kind of color, and he shows them around, they even save his life as well.

I really think this is the show you want.
    Jimmy Maps Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 09:25 PM

Thanks
    This is the same crazy show I can't remember I think it's the one with the michelen man like guy but he has a blue santa hat with a red pomp pomp! I wishsome one could help out

Jul 30, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Has anyone checked out Argon Quest like I suggested and said if it is or isn't yet?
    Cause that fits the bill, hell there's even a giant later on they have to wake up, the Great Argon, who's in blue.
    Come on people.
    zzporkchopzz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 12:51 PM

Thanks
    Omg I know exactly what your talking about and it's driving me absolutely insane too,I've been trying to find out what it was called for months.ok it's a movie not a show I know that.I used to rent it from my video store everyday when I was little,I'm pretty sure the title was just the name of the puppet people but I have no idea,please if you find out let me know.
    eris8656 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Aug 14, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Argon Quest:

Siblings Tracy and Wayne find a mysterious artifact that teleports them to Blizzard Island, a magical place full of strange creatures. They discover that the island is slowly dying, and the only way to save it is by finding and waking up the giant Argon. However, the evil witch Sidney won't have any of that.
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2007, 12:19 AM
    nope, not the dark crystal or the labyrinth, both of which are my favorite movies... I'm interested in knowing what this movie is called though so I can get it. It sounds really good. Let me know when you find out the name.

=)
    OMG90s Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 12:22 PM
    At the end, does the witch get her hand stuck in a rotation door trying to get to the crystal?

EDIT: I found the movie I was thinking of: The Hugga Bunch movie.
    ravengurl92 Posts: 301, Reputation: 6

Dec 18, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Dragon Tales ?
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Dec 21, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Escape to witch mountain sounds like it's a really good movie. Where can I get it?
    beccam8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 09:09 PM
    I just read another question and it sounded like they were describing the same movie- they also couldn't think of the name. Another person answered them, saying it sounds like the movie Hugga Bunch. Check it out, maybe it's what you're thinking of. Hope this helps you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an 80's or 90's children's fantasy movie [ 20 Answers ]

There is a children's movie that I can't get out of my head. It had something to do with a real little girl who travels through a mirror and encounters a witch. I also think there were some puppets that became her friends. I don't remember too many details because I was really young but I...

I need help with an 80's or early 90's fantasy movie title! [ 5 Answers ]

I stumbled into this place and it looks like someone may be able to help me with this... I've been after a movie title for something like the last ten or fifteen years, and just lately it's started bugging me afresh. I must have seen it when I was super small, and only remember fragments of the...

This is a tough one... 80's - early 90's TV show/movie [ 9 Answers ]

OK I saw this animated show/movie (can't remember which it was) on TV when I was really young. It couldn't have been before 1985. It involved a witch or sorcerer who had the ablity to turn people into stone. The villain hyponotized the young men of the village and used them to round up all...

Kids movie from late 80's early 90's I think [ 11 Answers ]

There was a movie that I watched once when I was younger about a young girl who had dolls that came to life and they lived in a land that she could go to if she stepped through her mirror. I know it is not Alice and Wonderland. This movie was about the girl's grandma was getting older and she...

Name of 80's or 90's kids fantasy movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I am trying to find a title of a movie done about the late 80's early 90's or so. It was a kids movie, where a kid, proabably in his teens, gets transported back in time to a slightly alternate universe. Sort of medieval/fudal. I saw the trailer for it and remember it had...

View more questions Search