Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcrazy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Mental Strength
    How to be mentally strong? I am tensed about myself... whether I would be able to handle situations in life ahead or not? I am not able to gain confidence on my abilities. What should we do to develop a strong mentality? It is said that we should not tell our weaknesses to others. But how to overcome them? What should be the thinking strategy in life?
    vev_pro Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2008, 05:48 AM

Strategy is take life as it comes.dont try to be happy just be happy.also be ready to face any situation may be it may be happy or sorrow.
    I don't know whether this idea will work:what I do is self-sattire.I criticize myself .it gives me a great mental boost
    dcrazy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 08:02 AM

Thanks for your reply vev_pro...

But what should we do when someone tries to use us... n how do we come to know about it? How should we tackle people around us?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrazy View Post
    How to be mentally strong?? I am tensed about myself...whether i wud be able to handle situations in life ahead or not ?? I am not able to gain confidence on my abilities. What should we do to develop a strong mentality?? It is said that we should not tell our weaknesses to others. But how to overcome them?? What should be the thinking strategy in life??
    First,How old are you?

Second,in living life,we come to a point of acceptance of ourselves,our strengths and weaknesses,this is part of being human.

If this is about self confidence,put yourself to a task,something you might think difficult,even beyond what you think you might be able to do,and accomplish it,no matter how long or to what quality.

Building ones self image takes time and effort.

Another thought is to do this,fake it till you make it.

Acting confident builds confidence,plane and simple.

Set a financial goal,like saving 10% of your income,putting it in a savings account,not touching it.It is a great way to build a good self image.

One more idea is to say a positive mantra about yourself every day.

"I am a good person, I am able to do ________and accomplish________.

"I will have a good day today"

"I am worth doing good for ME today"

The list is endless.

Let's see if this helps,

KBC
    vev_pro Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2008, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrazy View Post
    Thanx for ur reply vev_pro...

But what should we do when someone tries to use us...n how do we come to know abt it?? How should we tackle ppl around us??
    See nobody would have been used up more than me.I was just thrown away after their needs have been fulfilled.just think of me.even I am living among diseases ,pain,failure.I definitley think you would be convinced.
    My loved ones stabbed be with words instead they might have stabbed me with knife.ok it's their nature.

Hey just cheer up.do Laughter practice,see some comedy clips like that of Legendary Charlie
    If you have some hobbies just do it.come to social networking sites like Orkut( I am also following that)talk to people.comeon you will definitely be happy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building arm strength [ 4 Answers ]

What exercises do I need to focus on to build arm strength for throwing a baseball?

Arm Strength for Stunting [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I am trying out for VArsity/JV cheerleading this year, and if I do make it, I will most likely not be a flyer, so I need to probably get some arm strength.I have 2 questions. My first question is how much do I need to be able to lift, and how can I get it?

Strength needed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Like many I am currently going through divorce.Sadly as a lot of people find this means that your support / friends disappear so really just looking for people that are going through the same in order to support each other

Strength training [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, can anyone help? I just got some free weights, and I need to come up with a workout regime that I can do at home. I don't have a bench, and everything I keep finding at the store includes excercises requiring a bench, so I have to leave out most of the workout, I am so frustrated! Can...

View more questions Search