Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bro-ken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2018, 07:32 AM
    Honeywell RTH230B thermostat- filter change
    Hi, trying to find out where the filter is.
    Trying to clear the filter light so I can get some heat

Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 18, 2018, 09:54 AM
    Follow your furnace air INTAKE vent, and some furnaces have the filter close to the unit wherever that may be whether attic, basement, or closet. Then reset thermostat after changing the filter. Might be worth a professional to check your system if you have gone a long time since doing any basic preventative maintenance, or filter changes until now.

See owners manual or download one online. I change filters at least twice a year before heating and air conditioning seasons.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2018, 02:56 PM
    The filter is in the air handler not the thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reset honeywell rth230b after changing filter [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a reset for the rth230b honeywell thermostat? Filter light began flashing and the blower stopped, changed the filter but nothing blowing out. Fan is running on compressor.

Honeywell RTH230B filter indicator [ 2 Answers ]

The filter replacement indicator came on, on the LED display of my RTH230B thermostat. What filter is it talking about? Is there some microscopic filter in the thermostat that I'm supposed to replace? Or does the thermostat think it needs to remind me to have my furnace serviced? (Oil furnace...

Honeywell RTH230B filter change [ 2 Answers ]

Our unit had the Filter light on yesterday and it was blowing very cool, so we changed the filter today and reset the counter, but it is not cooling the house now. We only changed the filter about 2 weeks ago and have been changing it every 3-4 weeks since we got the new thermostat a couple of...

Set RTH230B Honeywell thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

I recently bought a Honeywell RTH230B 5-2 programmable thermostat. Having trouble setting it-- Could someone who knows this stuff tell me simple to understand --How to set this thermostat? It keeps going above the temp I have it set on by as much as 4 degrees.

Honeywell RTH230B thermostat- filter change? [ 1 Answers ]

Honeywell RTH230B thermostat- filter change? The instructions are in spanish -which I don't read/speak- how do I set the program function so it reminds me when its time to change it out? (does it give a visual Que or audible alert?)

View more questions Search