Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurie650 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Dyed hair turned dark gray
    I highlighted my hair and it turned a bright yellow.. like Lisa or Bart Simpson.. so I was told to use a medium ash color to get rid of the yellow.. now my hair is like a dark brownish gray! How can I get rid of the dark gray look? Any suggestions would be great.. thank you
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 29, 2007, 11:13 AM
    I think you might have to go to a salon to have them fix it. Too much highlighting will damage your hair. It is hard to get an exact match if you are using at home mixes.
    BreeAnne Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2007, 12:40 AM
    Your hair is gray because you used an ash color. That's like the number one thing not to do when trying to dye light hair darker. Using any type of darker cool color (ash) will make your hair gray/green. There are three types of "groups" I guess you could call them, when you are dealing with hair dye. Cool colors add more blue to your hair, natural colors keep the tones in your current hair color, and warm colors add more red. To fix your hair use a warm color, for example golden blond or golden brown. I hope this helps! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair dyed too dark [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my dyed hair is too dark from the top of my ears downwards. If I put on say a temporary colour say Harmony would that lift it and will it damage the condition of my hair? Also, the grey bits although dyed are frizzy or wiry how can I get them to lay down and behave!

Asian Hair: I dyed it a light brown and it turned out redish. [ 1 Answers ]

I still want it too be light brown. But I'm afraid to dye it again. Does anyone know of any good hair dye products to use on asian hair? Should I just dye it back to black? Thanks.

Dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do

Hair dyed to dark [ 1 Answers ]

I just dyed my light brown hair dark brown and it turned out jet black. Help!:eek:

I dyed my hair too dark [ 3 Answers ]

Please help! I colored my hair too dark of a shade. The color is very uneven (the roots are light) and the rest is too black. I don't know what to do to lighten it. Thanks!

View more questions Search