Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    finplanner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Windows 2000 Server Blue Screen
    My current server is stuck at a "blue screen" during bootup. There are no error messages just a blue screen. All of my connected workstations can still access the network drives.

However I cannot access any programs on the server directly or via VPN. I can still open a VPN to the server and syncronize files.

I have had this problem before and got past it temporarily by rebooting at least 20 times before it cleared past this "blue screen".

This time I have now rebooted more than 20 times to no avail. I have scoured the net and can't find any real answers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Have you tried changing the video adapter or monitor? Have you tried booting to Safe Mode?
    finplanner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Scott,

I have not attempted either. I will try this but I am in a remote location currently and can only access the server by VPN or have someone at my office attempt to boot in safe mode.

Thanks,

Dave
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 25, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Time to repair the OS with the Win200 disc.
    Works a treat ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp pro- blue screen of death [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, had to join after I asked a friend on this issue. ( And I thought XP was immune from this.) It say's: On Blue Screen; Stop: C0000218 {Registry File Failure} The Registry cannot Load the Hive File:\SystemRoot\System32\Config\Software Or it's log or alternative. It is...

Disable F8 key in windows 2000 server [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I want to disable F8 key in wimdows 2000 server or denie acess to all users to go to safe mode except administrator can I get the sollution for this question

Blue screen/wont boot to windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC problem that I have been trying to fix for 2 weeks. I have the dreaded blue screen, it says registry error. I can not get it to boot to windows xp. It just keeps starting all over. Counting down, and starting all over. Safe mode won't work either. I did that 3 hour check and it...

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

Install windows 2000 server [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I want to install windows 2000 server on a computer but on this computer was installed windows xp. I don't know to delet windows xp without format harddisk and install windows 2000 server. Plese help me

View more questions Search