Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rufus6770 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Kitchen Sprayer/hose replacement leaks
    I just replaced the entire kitchen sprayer hose assembly, and now the leak is worse than before. It appears to be leaking at the connection to the sink, not the sprayer. I tried with plumbers tape and without, and have the same problem. Water seems to be leaking around the connection and up through the faucet assembly.
    neverguess Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 06:27 PM

The kitchen faucet usually has three pipes underneathe: hot; cold; and one for the sprayer hose. Just like most plumbing connections, one wrench is used for tightening, and another is used to hold the connection, to prevent it from twisting or breaking. The sprayer hose connection on the faucet, may have been damaged and split.

Nov 17, 2009, 06:53 PM
    I'm not so sure it's the connection. (and I took the faucet apart and the threads seem to be okay. Don't see any splits/damage). When I look up underneath the water is actually coming down through the holes feeding through the cabinet and then running down the middle hose, so I thought it was where I had connected the sprayer hose. My faucets are also "off center" now. I had taken them apart to clean in around them in case they had mineral deposits, and the plastic ring (sorry, don't know plumber's jargin) is old and worn - which I'm sure is the cause of the faucets now being "off". Would this have anything to do with it?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 07:05 PM

New spray hoses do not fit all faucets. So I think that since you have the faucet off you take it to the Plumbing store with you and see if they have a hose that will fit you faucet.

Or better yet get credit back on your new spray hose and head and put another thirty bucks with it and get you a new faucet. Then save you pennies until you can buy a nicer faucet.

Nov 17, 2009, 08:03 PM
    Thanks for your help. I'm kind of wishing I hadn't even started the project. Plumbing is obviously NOT my gig! I appreciate your input!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 09:36 PM

What type / brand / kind of faucet is it ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sprayer hose gets stuck [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my kitchen faucet's spray hose getting stuck on the water shut off valve below the sink. The sprayer is a stand alone item, not part of the actual faucet. I am wondering if anyone makes a shield or guard that can be attached to the water line above the shut off valve...

Change kitchen sprayer hose [ 3 Answers ]

The hose on a Moen kitchen faucet has a hole and needs replacing. I got a new hose but was going to reuse the sprayer head itself. How do I get the head off the old hose and on to the new one. Do I need to get a new spray head too?

Disconnecting kitchen faucet sprayer hose [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to replace my kitchen faucet, but I am unable to disconnect the sprayer hose from the copper pipe! The connection is a smooth cylinder rather than a nut, so regular & basin wrenches just slip around. I have tried putting WD-40 on the connection as well as gentle hammering to try to...

Kitchen sink sprayer leaks [ 5 Answers ]

Hello my problem is driving me crazy.. for the past year I have paid a plumber over and over again to replace the sprayer on my kitchen sink.. last few times I have bought the most expensive sprayers possible hoping they would last longer. But NOPE ! One of the plumbers told me after replacing the...

Kitchen sprayer & hose [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sprayer no longer works. I replaced the sprayer and hose but it still does not work. What else could cause the sprayer not to work?

View more questions Search