Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 03:47 PM
    12 months on! Thanks AMHD
    Hi All,

Well most of you know my story and if not most of you will know how to find it!

I noticed this morning when I got to work that it is the 12th March which means I would have been with my ex girlfriend for 8 years today had she not broke up with me about a year and a week ago.

I just wanted to start this thread to thank you all for helping me get to this point where I am today. It has been a tough road with lots of ups and downs but one thing is for sure that all you good people here at AMHD have helped me so much and as weird as it sounds have been probably one of the only consistent aspects in my life over this time. Always there when I needed some good advice or somewhere to vent.

And I have to say that I am so glad I took all of your advice. I am so much better for it. I never thought I would be happy again, I never thought I would be comfortable being alone, I never thought my complete and utter misery would come to an end. Thankfully you guys helped me realise how silly and naïve that is.

12 months on and I am really really good. Sure I have a way to go with some things and I have my days where I still at times feel sad about it all but by and large I am going good. I am comfortable alone (in fact I prefer it at this point), content in life, happy with who I am and successful in all aspects of my life really. Actually it was the best thing that happened to me in some ways. Although I lost an Angel and a remarkable person who I will always love (and I will never change these thoughts on her) the lessons I have learned and needed to learn have made me such a better person than the one I was 12 months ago. I sort of feel sorry for my ex that she didn't get to reap the rewards of what she has inadvertently helped me become, both while we were together and even more so since we split. She got a pretty good Skell, but the right one is going to get a great Skell (modest aren't I? )

But anyway I just wanted to write and say thanks to all you great friends and for all you newbies reading this I hope you can get just a little inspiration that despite how hard it is now and how complete and utterly gutted you are that things do get better. If you listen to people here and be honest with yourself and be positive in how you move forward in life then good things await you.

The tough time you are experiencing now will make the good times in the future that much sweeter. And that is something that I am still coming to grips with myself.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Skell,

You are one fine young man.

I find myself speechless at your words and all I can say is how very proud of you I am and offer a heartfelt hug to you.

I came in mid-stream of your break-up and was not among those wonderful people who stood by you and helped you along. But... I have been so fortunate to get to know you and feel I am better for knowing someone such as yourself. I think we all are.

The tears I have for you are of great and immense pride for the person that you are. I see many happy days ahead for you.

Stay as special as you are.

Love,
    Allheart
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 11, 2007, 04:07 PM
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW thank you for the words of encouragement,I am sort of a newbie :) It really is a very nice place and I have met a lot of really nice people here. The advice people give for the most part is really good.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Skell, you have grown so much since you first posted here and are a true inspiration to others. The thing I like is you stayed to help others and have been a positive influence. I look forward to a lot more years and am glad you found these pages. Your living proof that it WORKS.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 11, 2007, 04:57 PM
    I am this proud of you, my friend. (Arms outstretched as wide as possible here)
    Well done, Skelly, velly velly well done! :) :p :D
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2007, 05:20 AM
    You were always one of those voices of inspiration for me Skell from the beginning of my journey. You have a lot to say and are one of the good people that in my opinion are seemingly more rare than we realise. I am glad you are feeling much more positive and are doing well.
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Mar 12, 2007, 06:04 AM
    I'll second that!
    You are one of those that prevented me from that "friend zone" and I am so grateful for that.

Its amazing though isn't it how a breakup actually helps you become stronger in so many ways... I can relate with all you are saying and I believe this breakup was the best thing that happened to me. You pick up all the pieces and the missing ones and become stronger than ever before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Happy Holidays To All @ AMHD [ 6 Answers ]

Happy Holidays To All :) Hope everyone has a great time and enjoys the true spirt of Christmas:D And Santa brings all you have asked for ! http://www.holy-spirit-led-christian.com/images/christmas-3.jpg May peace shine out for Christmas across the world

AMHD Firefox Plugin [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, Work has been slow for me recently so I have started to do a number of things to keep me entertained and hopefully pick up the occasional new skill here and there. One of the things I am thinking of having a shot at is to create a Firefox plugin for this site. It'll be a good way to...

View more questions Search