Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 04:21 AM
    Online poll: "Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?"
    Live Vote: Should Bush be impeached? - Politics - MSNBC.com

The currrent results may surprise you.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 04:44 AM
    Why doesn't it surprise me that the readers of MSLSD would choose impeach ? Keith Olberman summed it up well yesterday . Kucinich was greeted with the sound of crickets chirping .
    Olberman and Chris Maathews have been carrying the water for the fringe for some time now and it reflects in the network's ratings.
    Cable News Nielsen TV Ratings for Friday, June 6
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 11, 2008, 04:52 AM
    I checked the link (and voted) and the results did not surprise me (except that there were others besides his deserves-to-be-impeached VP that think he's done nothing wrong).
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 04:55 AM
    You will be happy to learn that Kucinich now has an ally in the Judiciary Committee who has signed on to the Kucinich bill . Congressman and party hack Robert Wexler from the infamous Broward County Florida(the land of the hanging chad) has signed on .He never got over the Bill Clintoon impeachment or the 2000 election.

I say bring it on!! I want to see them make their case. They won't because they don't have one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 05:08 AM
    Yes we need Chenny as President to really get things done??
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Why doesn't it suprise me that the readers of MSLSD would choose impeach ? [/url]
    Right on.

I bet a poll done in Savannah, GA in 1870 said that slavery should be legal.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 11, 2008, 07:37 AM
    It would had been more accurate of an impeachment poll to had reflected: Dubya's head first stubbornness into the Iraqi war, the economic desolation of the US, and generally being out of touch for the last two terms. A poll like that would has been a chart busting 98% plus "Yes." But don't expect him to be accountable for anything. George Walker Bush was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Just be thankful he's retiring to backyard bar-b-ques in Crawford Texas soon.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Well if you are concerned that a site's readership skews the results then how do you explain this poll at Fox News?

READ POLL CAREFULLY….and then VOTE!! « GretaWire
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Bush did many things that he deserved to be impeached for, and the Democrats were derelict in their duty to oppose him all along the way. Those days are gone.

Kucinich is simply *putting on the record* for all history all of the impeachable offenses Bush committed. :D

Democrats don't want to impeach the fiasco that is Geo. W. Bush. He is already totally discredited in front of the American people and The World. :) And, elections coming up. :):):)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Hello:

I don't think he should be impeached either. I DO think we need accountability. And that's why the charges need to be investigated by the congress. It's fine if you don't want to call 'em "charges", and it's fine that you don't want the result to be impeachment...

But we DO need to know HOW these decisions were made - the disastrous ones like to go to war, to torture our prisoners, to kidnap people and render them all over the world. We need to know WHO made them and WHY?

We need to know this, not so we can send these jerkwaters to the slam, or rub their noses in it. We need to know this, to prevent it from ever happening again!

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Renditions ? That was a Clintoon thing . The Rockefeller Intel report tells the story about the Iraq war. In fact ;Rockefeller, Dodd, Kerry, Clinton, and Edwards all had access to the same intelligence cited by the Committee. Based on that intelligence they reached and expressed the same conclusion as the administration regarding WMD and, accordingly, voted to take military action against Iraq.Carl Levin's reason for voting "no" was his fear that Saddam would use these weapons if we pushed him into a corner. Joe Wilson expressed the same concerns.

There is now no incentive for Hussein to comply with the inspectors or to refrain from using weapons of mass destruction to defend himself if the United States comes after him. And he will use them; we should be under no illusion about that.
    (In a Los Angeles Times editorial: "A 'Big Cat' With Nothing to Lose"
    February 6, 2003 )

Or Check out this quote from Evita :
    "Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price."

( During an interview on CBS Evening News with Dan Rather
    September 13, 2001 )

"Imagine the consequences if Saddam fails to comply and we fail to act. Saddam will be emboldened, believing the international community has lost its will. He will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction. And some day, some way, I am certain, he will use that arsenal again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    (Sandy Stuffed pants Berger Town Hall Meeting on Iraq at Ohio State University
    February 18, 1998 )

I got many such quotes from the people who now want the hold the President impeachable .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Hello tom:

For me, and hopefully for my fellow citizens, "we were duped" isn't good enough!

I want to know WHO did the duping, WHY they did it, WHO believed it, and most importantly, WHY they believed it. Frankly, the information just WASN'T credible. It could only be believed by someone who WANTED to believe it.

I don't want a leader who believes stuff. I want one who asks questions. If this dufus in chief just sat willy eyed and believed everything that was fed him, I Want to KNOW ABOUT IT.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 05:54 PM
    The House has voted to send articles of impeachment against President Bush to a committee that is not likely to hold hearings before the end of his term.
    By 251-166, House members dispatched the measure to a committee on Wednesday — a procedure often used to kill legislation.

Republicans, seeing a chance to force Democrats into an embarrassing debate, voted to bring up the resolution. Democrats countered by pushing through a motion to scuttle the bill from the floor.
    Print Story: House waves off impeachment measure against Bush on Yahoo! News

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

Does anyone having a hard time to determine "emotional appeal" scam online? [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone having a hard time to determine "emotional appeal" scam online? Im a Filipino, involved in an american (online too) for a year now.My BF has been flirting on-line for 10yrs before he met me and he was confused the same thing as reallywondering. Not all the time we mean what we say,...

View more questions Search