Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkarp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 06:56 PM
    Cold water pressure in shower and washer only
    Hello,
    As the subject says, I have a huge loss of cold water pressure in my upstairs shower and my downstairs washing machine only. The upstairs and downstairs sinks are all fine (including the sink directly next to the shower in the upstairs bathroom). Taking the shower head off doesn't make a difference, the pressure is still low. Where should I start to fix the problem? If you guys need any other info, please let me know.

Thanks for any help... josh
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 5, 2005, 08:36 AM
    Hi Josh,

For the washer, remove the cold water hose from the cold water hosebib and clean the screen.
    For the shower, take the valve apart and clean out the crud from the cold water inlet ports of the cartridge. Afterwards turn on the cold water while the valves still open and flush out the cold warer supply. Good luck, Tom
    jkarp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2005, 12:03 PM
    That was it on both counts!!
    Thank you so much for this help. It sure beats paying a plumber! Our shower is now better than it's ever been.

Thanks again... josh

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure in bathtub/shower hot or cold [ 7 Answers ]

My shower/bathtub has no water pressure. It does not matter if you turn the cold or the hot water on. The rest of the house is not having any problems with water pressure just this particular bathtub/shower. I tried removing the water spout to see if anything was stopping it up, but it won't...

Very little cold water going into washer [ 4 Answers ]

We recently had to install a new pump for our well. Probably a lot of sediement in water initially when turned on again. Now the Maytag washer gets plenty of hot water but very little cold... just a trickle. Could something be plugged? Where? Suggestions?

Cold Water Pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I have no cold water pressure in my bathtub faucet. I live in an older house which seems to have been built by a couple of guys in their spare time. I don't know anything about plumbing. I read some posts water pressure but was pretty confused. Is there some kind of cartridge I have to clean? ...

Low water pressure on cold side of shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do (look for) to find out why the cold side of my shower faucet has developed VERY low water pressure, but not the hot side. The sink faucet in that same bathroom is fine on both sides. All other faucets in the house are fine on both sides. I don't have a hot water tank...

No Cold Water To Washer--why? Help [ 2 Answers ]

My 17 yr old son recently hooked up a used washer in our garage. We cannot figure out why there is only piping hot water coming out no matter what setting it is on. He did not heed my warning and not wash in hot and he shrunk 80% of his wardrobe to dwarf sized clothing? It also leaks a moderate...

View more questions Search