Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpondrums1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2019, 08:53 AM
    How do I correct a civil judgement in court Maryland
    In 2008, I paid restitution in full and part of my plea agreement. In 2019 I receive an order of Expungement on the case. When I checked the court system case search, it still showed the restitution as unpaid. Should the restitution part have been expunged too and how can I get it this judgment converted as paid in full and secondly, how can I get this item removed from public view. It should have been converted to a civil judgment because I paid this off 11 years ago.

Mar 7, 2019, 09:04 AM
    Civil Judgement
    How do I get a civil judgment remove from public view in Maryland. I paid the judgment in 2008. It still shows as unpaid and this item should not have been added as unpaid. I have receipts and all records showing I paid
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2019, 10:02 AM
    You could probably take your receipts and other evidence such as your letters from the court to the clerk in that court and ask they update or correct the record. They can also explain how that expungement works.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2019, 01:00 PM
    Where is it showing up?

If it is showing up on a credit report you merely contest it, and provide the proof and it should be removed.

If it is from 1 of 1000 background check companies, they got the old information but never received an update and it will float around some of those companies almost forever.

So the question where is it showing up

Mar 7, 2019, 02:03 PM
    It's showing up on the courts website and its showing as not being paid although its paid in full and was paid 11 years ago. How can I get it removed from the courts record?

Mar 7, 2019, 02:05 PM
    Thank you for the reply, I did take my receipts to the clerk of the court and they said they could not help me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2019, 07:03 PM
    No, it is not the court, their records just show there was a law suit and the judges ruling should also be included in court documents. It is public record that it happened and the ruling should also be in record.

The question is, whose report is showing it open?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The credit card judgement has been filed against me in civil court, never had my day [ 3 Answers ]

The credit card judgement has been filed against me in civil court, never had my day in court or given a chance to show I am judgement proof (no money, job, assets). My home has a foreclosure judgement as well, auction date a couple months away. I have a short sale contract ready to be closed...

Please help! Settled at civil court but received judgement to pay two months later. [ 2 Answers ]

I was sued by an attorney TWICE for fees at Civil court in New Jersey. At the first attempt by the attorney, I settled at the court with an arbitrator and paid the attorney the agreed amount. Then, I received a notice of judgement in regular mail to pay the attorney AGAIN. I was never summoned to...

How do I change jurisdiction from one court to another court in Maryland? [ 12 Answers ]

Neither parent lives in the city where the order was originally made, so how do I go about changing the jurisdiction?

How do I write a notice of Intention to defend for Maryland Civil law suit [ 1 Answers ]

I am being suited for a loan I took out in DEC 24, 2008, THE FIRST PYAMENT WAS DUE IN Feb 2009. I missed a few payment up, I caught them up. Now the company is suiting me. For $9,000.00. They have the title to my vehcile. From the start of this loan I started receiving calls from American...

View more questions Search