Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Freethinka Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jul 21, 2007, 02:34 PM
    What is a spiritual death?
    If I feel drained spiritually, when I hear the words of the Bible, or visit their chamber, of make believe. Does this feeling indicate spiritual death?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 21, 2007, 02:35 PM
    <moved from Introductions to Spirituality>
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Why do you ask ( or really make fun) of something you don't believe in,

** chamber of make beleive**

If you ( and I mean you) feel spiritually drained it is because of all the hate for those that have faith has boiled to the top. And perhaps God is telling you that something is missing from your life, and you need to look for that faith to feel that hole you have in your life.
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Jul 21, 2007, 04:43 PM
    There is no spiritual death because there is no spirit. Only transfers of electrical signals from your brain to the rest of your body to give you life. The only way "your spirit" lives on is through the memories of the people you knew during your life on Earth.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 04:53 PM
    The Bible is not a chamber of make believe. That is your problem right there.

Jul 21, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    The Bible is not a chamber of make believe. That is your problem right there.
    Myself personally, as an Atheist, it is my opinion that the Bible is an object of make believe, because the stories of the Bible being passed down from generation to generation, it can hold no truth because the story has more than likely been distorted.

Jul 21, 2007, 05:02 PM
    shygrneyzs disagrees: You have a right to your opinion. You will find out in the end if you have a spirit or not.
    You gave me a bad rep for my beliefs? To me, that is uncalled for.

I haven't knocked anyone's beliefs whatsoever, and in my opinion there is no spirit. You believe what you want, and I will do the same.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 01:54 PM
    I think in today's world, spiritual death would be called depression.

That is lack in the ability to enjoy life and all it has to offer.

As far as considering it a religious condition, many people understand that what goes on in *faith* based institutions is not fact, it is what people choose to believe. Faith/belief. Perhaps, they are angry at the people who they consider lied to them.

For some people, there is place for religion/faith in their lives, for others, not so much.

Uncovering the meaning of one's life often is a lifelong search! Religion is prepackaged answers, and very suitable for many people.

One of the great benefits of Christianity is that there is room for all kinds of beliefs and healthy practices if one chooses that road.

Regards,

Choux

There are no happy endings.
    emmacelyn Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 02:52 PM
    I believe in spirts and not religious in anyway!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Spiritual gift of discernment [ 34 Answers ]

My pastor told me I may have the spirit of discernment.Because I can say something and it happens. I can have a dream and it happens. I may have a feeling about someone and it turns out to be real. Can anyone tell me if they have it and what they feel or how they feel. I'm so confused because...

Inquiry about an old spiritual song [ 6 Answers ]

There was a song that my mother used to love - it was a record actually. All I can now remember is one verse, it says "when you hear my home going don't you worry about me. I think the name of this song is "Home Going". Has anyone heard of this song, does anyone know where I may be able to get it...

Spiritual Help Needed [ 3 Answers ]

I am seriously considering to start going and possibly joining a catholic church. I have many reasons for tis but do not want to go into them as of yet. Does anyone know if there is a FREE online study coures for beginning want to be catholics?

Spiritual inmaturity [ 2 Answers ]

Forget Scientology, how about Opus Dei 'Da Vinci Code' group is perfect fit for celebrity religious tastes Forget Scientology, how about Opus Dei - Da Vinci Code - MSNBC.com Scientology, this that and the other religon. Why do these Hollywood types always seem to be on the fringe of...

View more questions Search