Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0EntitY Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jul 22, 2009, 02:36 PM
    What does Spiritual mean to you?
    In your own words what is the meaning of Spirituality? I will give my own meaning at some point, but I want to get different views and feedback from you...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 03:11 PM

The opposite of materialistic basically.
    I believe it is when you are tuned into a higher power (God). The more you let go and get in sync with God the more spiritual you see things through a different perspective.
    If you aren't spiritual you are seeing everything from a worldly view and don't comprehend spiritual things.
    It transcends your own self efforts.
    It is being content even when things are going wrong in your life. But I think the more spiritual and on the right track you get the less messes you encounter because God works all things together for the good.
    Basically it is a connection of your soul with a spiritual realm of knowing God.
    We are Spirit, soul and body.
    When Eve ate the forbidden fruit God had said IN THAT day you shall surely die. People do not believe the Bible because they say man did not die that day but
    A. We DID start the dying process in the physical and I believe we are only mere shells of the life that Adam and Eve had before they sinned.
    B. IN THAT day mans spirits DID die in the sense that before the fall man was Spirit 1st
    Soul 2nd (the middleman connection between spirit and body) and body 3rd

NOW we are Body 1st, Soul (still the connection between body and spirit)
    Spirit 3rd

The Bible also says spirit and soul are inseparable

It is up to us to choose living according to the flesh or choose spiritual life over the flesh.

Jul 22, 2009, 11:26 PM

Nohelp4u. I might not agree with what you write completely, but I can count on you for intelligent and honest answers-opinions.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 11:37 PM
    To me spirituality can only be attained when a person is out of their mind. In the mind, there is intellect of a gray matter sort and ego. To be connected to life, love, a higher power or whatever, one can't think it. They must be it. Spirituality is being. That might include listening to a sermon or reading but the heart of it is your heart and in the present. No amount of thinking can bring you right here, right now.

Jul 25, 2009, 01:59 PM

I think if this subject was about Sex or even Religion there would be a ton of answers. Most individuals "sense" the Spiritual or Spirituality, but cannot really explain why. We are each non-material, immortal, Spiritual Beings. That body you look at in the mirror is not you, but we have been materially conditioned over time to think it is. We each only operate a physical body. You are you, a Spiritual Being, and not a physical Body, a Mind, or anything else.
    The body only has the basic senses, touch, hearing, etc and the Being has very many senses. One of these senses is knowing when someone is thinking about you and all of a sudden calls you. Who here has not done that? Not very many. Also sensing the presence of someone in the room with you, but when you look around no one is there. There was a Being there all right, but this Being just was not operating a physical body, and probably lost the body to old age, car accident, etc.
    You looking and being aware of being aware is Spiritual, because that is you as a Spiritual Being doing these. A Being can be degraded but not killed. Materialists are degraded to the point of not sensing the Spiritual or are just in denial from believing false information concerning this subject. Most young kids are a good example of Spirituality, creative imaginations, enthusiasm, being free Spirits while operating those new bodies...
    cantubury Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2009, 02:05 PM

SPIRITOS actually Greek for breath. Ancients believed the breath went out when we slept and brought back dreams. It is the essence of life. Soul is closer to the heart. The Egyptians removed the brain, believed it was producer of phlem. The heart they believed was the center of intellect and emotion.
    Spiritually is believing in a oneness, gaia (earth) as opposed to Maya, illusion. It is basically a metaphysical, rather than natural, empirical sense. ReaD PLATOS REPUBLIC
    -Seven- Posts: 61, Reputation: 6

Jul 25, 2009, 05:34 PM

Well, they say it's proven that all material things are made of energy vibrating at specific frequencies (quantum mechanics?). The energy, depending on it's frequency, can range from existing as anything from an idea, thought, or emotion to a physically material item and it's nature.

Technically if you look at spirit as raw energy, it can be anything from your afterlife content to your grossly material objects.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 25, 2009, 06:21 PM

To me it is just the sense of belief in something 'bigger' than us. It doesn't have to be a god or a religion. It's a respect for life and deep belief that it should be honored. It's a sense of quiet when you see something beautiful. It's something that doesn't need justified or defended or proven, it just is.

The religious are not always spiritual and the spiritual are rarely religious.

Jul 26, 2009, 07:39 PM

I have met some of both groups. Most religious folk are normally quite Spiritual, but have no clue what that means. They can sense it though, and contact is a beginning. Some of the Spiritual folk on the other hand do have a better sense of it, but can stray off into dumbo land by using fortune telling cards, etc, etc...
    So Spirituality is very much an individual experience and some Beings are just more aware of it than others are.
    My first two OBEs were a Spiritual eye opener, to say the least...
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 27, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0EntitY View Post
    I have met some of both groups. Most religious folk are normally quite Spiritual, but have no clue what that means. They can sense it though, and contact is a beginning. Some of the Spiritual folk on the other hand do have a better sense of it, but can stray off into dumbo land by using fortune telling cards, etc, etc...
    So Spirituality is very much an individual experience and some Beings are just more aware of it than others are.
    My first two OBEs were a Spiritual eye opener, to say the least...
    I'm just curious about something you said.

You consider fortune telling cards, which I assume means tarot cards, to be incongruent with spirituality?

The only reason I ask is because I know several people who use tarot cards, including myself, and consider a spiritual connection a requirement of working with them. I also have a set of divination stones I use. I see them as an aspect of my spirituality and a way for me to connect with I refer to as the universe. I believe there are those out there who misuse divination techniques, such as tarot, but there are also those who hold them in great reverence and see and use them as a connect and facet of their particular brand of spirituality.

I am honestly not trying to argumentative. I'm just curious. I'm sorry if I came across in any other way.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 05:03 PM

Spiritual to me means believing in something bigger then the world around us. Believing just because you believe.

I have a spiritual connection with my beliefs, even though they're unlike anyone else's beliefs.

Anyone can be spiritual, religious, whatever, to me it's very important to combine the spiritual side with the human side.

Am I making sense to anyone but me? ;)

Jul 27, 2009, 05:24 PM

Anyone can be Spiritual but some Beings cannot Sense the Spiritual, like Materialists for instance. It could easily be denial or agreeing with false information, but can also be a degraded Being.
    A human is simply a Spiritual Being operating a physical body. The Being is not that body, but some people falsely believe they are. Believing you are physical is not being Spiritual. Myself and very many Beings have left their physical body behind for a time and realized that they are not that physical body. Beings only operate a physical human body like you would operate a car.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 07:16 PM

Even being spiritual it is hard because there are so many distractions. People calling, wanting you to run here and there, taking care of this and that. Its hard a lot of times.
    Then something tells you do this or that and you think that is just you and not sure if it is something you should listen to.

Jul 27, 2009, 08:08 PM

I could not agree more... I just like to make a distinction between being aware of being a Spirit vs being a physical object like a body. As you know, society is heavily conditioned from grade school to think, Only Matter, Matters...

Jul 29, 2009, 12:06 AM

Hhealth541, sorry if I'm late replying. I just now saw your comment. I should try to get to know how this site works a little better, because it is different than the other forums I use.
    I'm mainly making a distinction between Spirits and abilities as Spirits vs Spirits identifying themselves with anything physical and even abilities via physical objects. A non-material Spirit or Being can influence the physical world with abilities as a Spirit or Being without using anything physical. I have seen it done by advanced Beings. In my opinion, as advanced Beings forget how to use these natural abilities they might use something physical as a means to focus these powers better, but in reality I think they are only fooling themselves. Take for example ESP, which is a very common Spiritual ability that most Beings use almost daily, but do not connect the dots. You know who is calling you before you answer the phone and things like that. This is Spirit to Spirit communication that is instant, because Spirits or Beings are outside of space and time, so their thoughts are too. No one needs to be holding a Crystal to have this happen.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 01:53 AM
    Spirituality is about being connected, understanding that nothing is separate and that there is something 'greater' than ourselves from which we are inseparable.

This sense of interconnectedness means that theoretically there can be no need for racism, murder, violence or war because why would you hurt something that is connected to you?

Spirituality is part of all of us us and is interwoven into the fabric of our lives - it's just that some of us don't recognize it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spiritual principles [ 9 Answers ]

Could someone please outline for me what a spiritual principle is, and how to practise it?

What's Your Spiritual Type? [ 25 Answers ]

Quiz: What's Your Spiritual Type? - Beliefnet.com Try it and see what your beliefs most matches with... Obviously mine says- "80 - 89 Confident Believer – You have little doubt you've found the right path" :) Beliefnet: Belief-O-Matic, Religion Beliefs, What Religion Am I Quiz --...

Any spiritual guidance [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm confused and not sure what to do about a couple things in my life and wondered if there is any guidance anyone can give. My husband wants to move and in someways so do I but I'm worried about my mothers reaction and also how I would cope without her. I'm also thinking lots...

Spiritual Dreams [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyone here that can interpret spiritual dreams ?

What is a spiritual death? [ 8 Answers ]

If I feel drained spiritually, when I hear the words of the Bible, or visit their chamber, of make believe. Does this feeling indicate spiritual death?

View more questions Search