Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SYED1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 04:39 AM
    h1b visa stamping delay
    HI ,

I have been asked by the chennai US consulate to send passport for h1b visa stamping.
    But since I am out of country and cannot go immediately.
    Please let me know for how long can I delay it?

Thanks
    Syed
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 8, 2008, 09:19 AM
    You can stay as long as your I-94 is valid, but the problem is if you want to go somewhere outside US, even for a vacation, you won't be able to enter US.
    Kumar1111 Posts: 40, Reputation: 0

Jun 3, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Hi

I have a related questions. Based on the answer of Lawanwadee does it mean that if the passport is sent to chennai consulate ( and assuming that Syed1234 has no need to go out of US during H1 stamping and he has a valid I94), H1 visa would be stamped and Syed1234 can get his passport back in US without being present in Chennai for visa interview. I mean my question is.. is it not mandatory to be present for visa interview for H1 stamping?

About my self: I just got my H1 approval(effective Oct 08) and I want my H1 stamping done. I want to avoid going to India for Visa stamping but I really need my visa stamping by Aug 2008.
    sphyhyhy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 10:06 PM
    Fix "Administrative Processing" process for visa stamping
    Dear Officials,
    A person with an approved visa petition is required to get a visa stamped at US Consulate in case of overseas travel and to re-enter US if the old visa has expired.
    Lately, the number of "Administrative Processing" cases has surged and while we fully agree and acknowledge the need to secure US and avoid fraud - the current process is more like Harassment for legitimate workers.
    USCIS approves the H1-B visa petition and when a person takes the same approved visa petition and supporting docs - he is placed in "Administrative Processing" - which can take up to 90 days.
    1) No company gives 90 days of vacation if one is stuck in admin processing.
    2) USCIS should do a better job by reviewing the applicant right here.
    3) The process should take 2 weeks at the most.

http://wh.gov/4E9
    Guys Please go through this link signup and forward this link to every one whose US visa got delayed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi Visa stamping in Canada-Calgary [ 1 Answers ]

Iam going to Canada for my H1 visa stamping for the first tim in calgary Anybody wants to share their experience When can I expect to get my passport back

L1 stamping with valid H1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a query regarding H1B and L1 visa. I have my H1B visa stamped with me and I have yet not traveled to US. In the meantime my current Employer in India is willing to file my L1A visa and has started the process for it. My L1A visa has been approved by USCIS and now I am due for visa...

View more questions Search