Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Professional Rookie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 02:07 PM
    NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue.
    I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system.
    I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC
    The A/C works fine, but the heater does not.

I have it wired as follows:
    G - Green
    Y - Yellow
    W - White
    RH - Pink
    B -
    O - Orange
    RC - Red

I have a blue wire and a black wire left over. If I remember correctly, the blue on the Janitrol tstat was used as a Common (C).

What do I need to hook up to the B position?

Do I need any jumpers?

Please help. We're cold.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2006, 03:09 PM
    What is your back-up heat source? I don't mean to be negative but throw that Lux Pro in the trash. It's probably not set up for Heat pump with 2 stage heat anyway.

Oct 22, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat
    What is your back-up heat source? I don't mean to be negative but throw that Lux Pro in the trash. It's probably not set up for Heat pump with 2 stage heat anyway.
    What the hell kind of answer is that? Hey, take $50 out of your wallet and throw it in the trash. If you don't have a proper answer, don't post.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 22, 2006, 05:37 PM
    I have never seen NorthernHeat give a bad answer.
    That t-stat does not look like is setup for that heat pump. Its missing the W2 for the white wire and was the pink on E on the old T-Stat?
    For temporary heat remove the pink wire and jump the RH and the RC together with the RED wire

Oct 22, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Well, there is a first for everything. Had an A/C guy over and all I needed were a couple of jumpers. So I just took that answer and threw it in the trash. Not to be negative, of course.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2006, 09:26 PM
    Sorry if I seemed course, but honestly I get tired of having to charge people $100.00 to replace a bad Hunter or Lux thermostat. There instructions are weak at best and they will say heat pump (which they will do) but usually don't say "Not for multi stage heat system"
    By the way he can return it with his receipt" wasn't literal about throw it in the trash.
    AC Doc Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Use a vision pro 8000 series thermostat by honeywell next time. They all work so much better and the instructions work well.
    bsaah Posts: 66, Reputation: 0

Mar 31, 2008, 02:41 PM
    No Do Not Get Vision Pro 8000 From Honeywell Mine Busted In Two Weeks So Don't Get It
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaah
    No Do Not Get Vision Pro 8000 From Honeywell Mine Busted In Two Weeks So Dont Get It
    My Vision Pro 8000 is 3 yrs old, and is working great. It does have a 5 year warranty. I have never replaced one, under warranty, at least that I know of, and we have sold 100's of them.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Vision Pro is the best thermostat going. The only problem with the vision pro is when home owners buy one and mess it up trying to install it.
    bsaah Posts: 66, Reputation: 0

Mar 31, 2008, 06:17 PM
    They are not all that. I have a mercury thermostat and I love it from trane. Mercury thermostat are the way to go. I am so into the old thermostat.

bsaah
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Enjoy yourself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from gas heat to electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?

Thermostat compatibility with heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman heat pump--CPLE24-1-- 2 ton -and need to replace the thermostat-what do I need to know when purchasing a new one?

York heat pump changing from 70 to 72 degrees [ 1 Answers ]

I have a york heat pump and a honeywell model 8300 thermostat. I also have a electric furnace as a backup aux heat. I have the thermostat set to go to 70 at 11:30 pm then at 9:30 am to go to 72. Then heat will operate in this mater. 1 At 9:30 heat pump will start 2 About 1 min later the aux...

Changing Heat pump Thermostat. [ 2 Answers ]

Currently have a Honeywell T841A1712 Multi-Stage Heat pump thermostat. I am changing to a Honeywell RTH7500D. All is good except that the manual states "If the old thermostat had wires on W1, Y1, and W2, some modification is required. Call your loca heating and cooling contractor for...

Wire colors for heat pump thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

While installing a programmable therostat, two of the indentification stickers fell off the wires. The wires colors are blue and brown and I don't want to hook them up wrong. The "ports" are E and C. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

View more questions Search