Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paulsgems Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 10:31 AM
    U.S. currency
    I'd like to know
    1928 silver certificate star note graded CGA 63 unc. Is worth.
    Please confirm

Thanks Paul
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 11:15 AM
    See if this is the information you need

http://www.coinsite.com/html/uspapermoneyprices(sm).asp

Please do not post your email address
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Paulsgems - I need to know what the letter is after the DATE.EXAMPLE - ( 1928,no letter, 1928A,1928B,etc etc ,through the letter" E ' This is the series number , they are all different value prices???? AND let me know if the star is befor or after the serial number. HERE IS SOME NOTES I"M INCLUDEING WITH THISD POST ANS>

REASON BEHIND A STAR NOTE & WHAT CAUSED THEM
    When a note is damaged or found defective it is destroied and anoyther note is printed with the same serial number to replace that note , but has a star before the serial number. On the federal reserve notes the star will be found after the serial number, the star notes are also used on notes for the 100,000,000 th note in a series the reson for this is that the numbering machines can not print over eight (8)digits. The use of the star on large size notesfor this purpose did not begin until -1908 .;;
    Star notes are quite a collector item and that is why they have such a high value. GET POSTED WHAT I SAID AND I WILL GET THE VALUES FOR YOU ASAP<, If it is the grade you have ,it will have a high value . Depends on the series letter. POST IT ON THIS THREAD > HAVE a good day 7 GOD BLESS ;;; F.B.E. Hay Clough - WE finlly got about 3' of that white stuf youal call snow, started about 3.00 this afternoon IT shpre is prutty though GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2008, 03:29 AM
    I never knew that about the star being placed before or after a serial number and the reasons for it. Thank you, F.B.E.

Hopefully, Paulsgems will return to answer your inquiry.

Hey, you want more snow, F.B.E. I'll be glad to ship some down to you!

God Bless You, Too!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2008, 06:49 PM
    HAY Clough- Early yesterday afternoon it started snowing and we ended up with about 3" is all . It was sure prettybut by this afternoon it was just about all melted away, not much left. my youngest grandson (3) sure did have a ball out in it . Last week when it started snowing he wanted his mama to put his coat and boots on so he could go out and play in the sonow. But all we got was a small dusting.I've been wishing awfully hard for a good snow so he could go out and play in it and have some fun . I guess if it dont cost to much TO ship it down here ,I could use severl truck loads . Did you know that 1" of rain is equal to ( 11's ) of snow. WE have been lucky again this year , every time we had it headed right for us and the jet stream chanmged and it passed by us just a little bit to the north west . Pore ol KY. Shore did get it though,and one time it passed to the South of us and went across MISS> ALA><GA>. After I wrote the little bit extra about ( WHY ) the stars are put on the bills and if before or after the serial numbers , I thoughID get my book and look it up to make sure I didn't make any mistakes, I just don't want to make a mistake and tell someone wrong , I hope he does get back to us, Well I hope I caught you in good health with all the cold and snow yuoall have had , talk to you later have a good night and GOD BLESS .::: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign currency [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get a small amount of Italian currency for a gift in Denver,CO

Old currency [ 7 Answers ]

How much is a 1928 ten dollar bill worth in circulated condition?

View more questions Search