Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsmoz Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Sigbs of pregnancy?
    Silly me had unproteced sex on Wednesday! Im going to get a pregnancy test at the end of the week but I was wondering if its possible to show any signs so early? I ask because I have such an appitite and I never eat as much as I have been these past few days!
    Thanks in advance
    X
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 09:55 AM
    You had unprotected sex last week? Am I reading that right?

While it is possible to show signs early, some women are more intuitive than others, it is rather unusual.

When is your period due? If you take the test too early you run the risk of a false negative. Also, when you do take the test, be sure to use first morning urine as it has higher concentrations of Hcg (pregnancy hormone) than urine during the rest of the day.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 7, 2007, 10:02 AM
    You need to wait until you have missed a period to take a test. Test too early and you won't get an accurate result. Test before your period is due, and then get your period, and you have wasted the money spent on the test.
    mrsmoz Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Thanks guys! I don't even know when my next period is due, I lost track after I stopped taking my pill because I forgot to pick it up from the doctors, I think in next 2 weeks though?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy after a tubal ligation [ 12 Answers ]

:( Does anyone know someone who got pregnant after having their tubes tied? What are the possibilities really? Bear in mind, no pregnancy is wanted, hence having a tubal ligation.

Pregnancy after tubal ligation [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of someone getting pregnant twice after a tubal ligation?

Missed Period All pregnancy Tests Negative! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... I came off the pill back in November when I had my last period! As my husband and I hope to conceive. I was due a period on the 21st of December but no sign... I have done three tests all negative! I have also been to my doctor with no help!! I'm worried as I am having my wisdom teeth out...

10 day late period but negative pregnancy test [ 5 Answers ]

I am ten days late for my period. It was due dec 17th or 18th. I had gotten them pretty regular the last two months about every 30 days. My boyfriend and I briefly had unprotected sex on Nov 26th and again on dec 26th but he pulled out and was not in there long- also he did not ejaculate. After...

Pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

I'm unsure if I'm pregnant and don't want to get a home test or visit a doctor, but if its something I have to do then I will, is there anything you can suggest for me to try at home? And I have no tenderness of brest or any of the noraml symptoms, and I have a irregual cycle as it is, but there is...

View more questions Search