Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    derowland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2004, 11:14 AM
    Burning CD
    I am having one heck of a time trying to figure out why, all of a sudden Nero will only write CDA files. Up until recently I have had no problem writing MP3s to CD in MP3 format. I have wasted many CDs while trying to find a solution. :-/
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 27, 2004, 01:32 PM
    Hi,

The only suggestion that I have right off the top is to go into the control panel under add/remove programs and remove the nero software and then reinstall it and see if this resolves the issue. Otherwise, you may try a different burning software. Also, just to rule it out, go to www.trendmicro.com and run their free online virus scan to see if that is causing you a problem.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 10:15 AM
    Help
    I have used Nero for years, but also for whatever reason it seems that there are times Nero goes crazy.

I now use CDMate, much simpler and easier to use, and no problems with it to date, Also Cyberlinks Power2go is an excellent copy program.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2005, 11:06 AM
    When making a CD full of MP3's make sure you select a Data CD instead of Audio/Music CD.

Jan 20, 2005, 05:11 PM
    Hey
    Also don't forget to go to the bathroom when your feeling pain downstairs. :rolleyes:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2005, 05:13 AM
    Nero
    Hi,
    I use Nero Express 5.5; and have had no problem whatsoever.
    I burn the same things as you.
    As another volunteer said, choose Data CD, rather than Music CD.
    Should work.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Jan 21, 2005, 12:59 PM
    Nero
    It's a well known fact about Nero 5.5 that it is very buggy, and if you have had no problems, then you are one of the few lucky ones, as there are forums all around the net about the problems with 5.5.

Also what works for you or me, may give others fits, so you just don't know, that's why I always find and use more than 1 program for myself to test out for things and then I have more than 1 suggestion to help others when needed.

:rolleyes:
    CRO Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2005, 09:03 PM
    You may try Record Now software to see if that works better for you.

Jan 26, 2005, 10:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info on Stomp's Record now Software, CRO,

I tried it out and it is an excellent program, actually they offer a complete suite of programs that all work well.

For someone looking to do more in depth burning and have many more options, it's an excellent choice over the system hogging programs that Nero and EZ CD offer.

If you prefer the easiest simplest type of burning, then CD MAte is still the best there.

Stomp seems to be an excellent company, also offering the very solid STomp BAckup MY PC, backup program, the one I prefer to use for my backups, so Record now, is just another solid offer from this company.

;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cd burning [ 4 Answers ]

I am a church webmaster I would like to record burn long play cd fast, is there a computer with mulit cd burning stand alone. And is there a software the burn multi cd's at once.

Audio Burning... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there guys... I know how to burn, but heard that you can burn 20 audio songs in a 700MB disc even if the song is 5 min long each, how's that cause I know only 18 songs can contain a 700MB dics because of the min it only have 80 min... and its not mp3 its audio format... :confused:

Burning... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there... I know a little about burning data dics... but one thing is I want to burn a pack of installer for example Adobe CS Pack but I notice that the file size is too big it won't fit in to my 700MB cd so I want to make it 2 cds like some installer pack into 3 cds or more... but I don't know...

Burning fat [ 1 Answers ]

While exercising, your blood has to be pumping at the rate of 120 or whatever it is to burn fat. How long do you have to have to exercise at this rate in order to burn 1 gram of fat? What about calories? What's better, a bread with 70 calories with 1 gram of fat or a bread with 90 calories with...

Assorted CD Burning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've a large number of Audio CD's. Now what I'm trying to do is burn my favourite songs from the collection of CD's into a single cd by selecting random songs from different CD's into a single CD. I've an XP Professional system with Yamaha CRW2200E CDRW. Nero toolkit is installed on the...

View more questions Search