Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hi_amit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 01:32 AM
    Services.exe using 98% CPU
    Hello Guys,

I am fade up with the problem of "Services.exe" which uses 98% of CPU and hence does not allow me to use any of the installed programs.

I am using Windows 2000 Advanced Server on a P-4 based system.

The system allows me to boot in the safe mode where I can at least see my desktop but still nothing can be used.

Would really appreciate if anyone can help me out!!

Thanks a lot for your time,

... hi_amit
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2007, 01:46 AM
    CPU Utilization in Services.exe Increases to 100 Percent

Microsoft is your friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flash.exe at 100% CPU Storage! [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone, Does anyone else have this problem?? When I try to "test movie" or "export Flash movie" my computer jumps to 100% CPU Usage and then Flash crashes! :( I'm currently working on an animation at 20 frames per/sec and running a 1Ghz Pentium 3, 512 megs of ram. Shouldn't that be...

W2K Services.exe using 100% CPU [ 10 Answers ]

My computer started running really slow a few days ago and when I went to Task Manager to see who was using the CPU the services.exe was using 99% and it does so for hours and hours. I rebooted several times to no avail. I went to Administrative Services and stopped all services that could be...

Explorer.exe at 100% CPU Usage Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

When I'm on my laptop explorer.exe starts to use 100% of the CPU and I can't figure out y. It lasts about 10-20 minutes form when I start the computer and occasionally lowers then peaks again to 100%. I really need to figure this out because the cooling fan comes on and its really starting to get...

Services.exe 100% CPU after installing DVD-drive [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've recently installed Windows XP Professional SP2 on my computer, and I had immediately a problem with my DVD-drive (Ricoh RW5240). Every time when XP starts and finds this drive, the process Services.exe jumps to 98-100% CPU. This happens just in the moment where XP recognizes...

Cpu usage 100% with lsass.exe [ 1 Answers ]

My server is w2k and domain controller. I have problem server slow respond because cpu usage 100% when I open task manager lsass.exe usage .what is it ? How to fix this problem

View more questions Search