Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckafrica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 12:06 AM
    Company pension contributions taxable for US citizens?
    I've a company overseas that has employed a US citizen. We have been providing our other international staff with offshore pension contributions in lieu of salary for local tax purposes.

As US citizens are never considered non resident will this have to be taken into consideration when my employee declares his US taxes?

He and I are both new to the nightmare that is the USA overseas tax law and he's trying to stay under the allowance threshold.

Thanks for your assistance
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 10:05 AM
    If you still need an answer, email me at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are 401K Contributions Taxable in NY State ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Are 401K Contributions taxable in NY state Personal Income Tax ? I know they are taxable in PA. What is the reason for this disparity ? I already pay taxes on my 401K Contributions living in PA. If I move to a state that does not tax 401K Contributions , but taxes Withdrawals , I...

Are contributions to a foreign pension fund tax deductible? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, This is a question about pension funds in a foreign country eg: UK or Canada. If a US citizen or permanent resident is employed in a foreign country and he is contributing to the foreign company's pension fund, can he claim his contributions as tax...

Company refused pension after severed from company [ 2 Answers ]

I was employed by a top food manufactuing company from July 23,2003 to June 30,2008. The company offered a severance package to me that included severance pay, health benefits etc. I was one month shy of hitting the 5 year mark for getting vested in my pension. I was told that they could not...

Finding the company that holds my pension [ 1 Answers ]

I worked at Security Trust Co, Rochester, NY for 19 yrs. In that time it went from being Security Trust to Norstar Bank to Fleet Bank/Norstar to Fleet Financial Group, and now is Bank of America. I terminated my employment 10/2/87 and I have in my possession a letter dated 11/24/87 from norstar...

View more questions Search