Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lesliebell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2011, 07:40 AM
    How do I go about having the father of an unborn child sign off all parental rights?
    How do I go about having an uninterested father of unborn child sign off on all parental rights?
    Ninax33 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jul 18, 2011, 07:54 AM
    Tell him you'll take him to court with a DNA test !
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2011, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lesliebell View Post
    how do i go about having uninterested father of unborn child sign off on all parental rights concerning the child
    There is a sticky at the top of the Family Law forum regarding termination of parental rights; you can read it here.

As noted, you cannot simply have him sign off his rights - especially if there is not another party willing to adopt the child.

While I agree that you SHOULD file in court to establish paternity and child support, "threatening" him with court isn't going to do anything in regards to his rights. Only a court can terminate parental rights; he can't just sign a sheet of paper and say it counts.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2011, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninax33 View Post
    Tell him you'll take him to court with a DNA test !
    This is a law board and our answers here must be accurate according to the law. A DNA test does nothing other than establish paternity and in fact, might grant the father some rights, rather than strip him of them. Please use more discretion when posting in this forum.
    gwenny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 07:47 PM
    I'm 6 month pregnant! And I end my relationship with this american selfish guy,due do hideing his secret to his parents,daughter,sister,familys and friends about me being pregnant all this months! Because he was afraid his parents might kick him out,and don't have a job! Has share cust of his first child,now he don't give me an answer do this baby! He block me of his phone,and threaten cops if I trasspassing his parents property,where he also is living with! He is so immature,don't have a job for the past 3-4 years .He wish me luck if I file for child support! And until today I can't called or text,because he block my number... I so want him out of unborn baby life for good... he lied,keep secret,and very clever on his evil actions... He is not a good example around my life and my baby

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want my unborn child'd father to sign his rights over [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, Im not sure how this all works, but. I was dating this guy and a month into the relationship I ended up pregnant. When I was about 3 months pregnant we broke up. He declares that the baby is not his (even though it is) he doesn't believe me. He wants a DNA test done to see if it is and if it is...

Threatened me and I want him to sign over rights to unborn child. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I'm 7 months pregnant with my second child and the father of the baby threatened my life after the baby is born, he is angry because I'm back with my 1st child's father but he clearly stated in emails and text mesg that he don't believe the baby is his and he wants a dna test so I asked him...

I am married and fixing to get divorced can the dad sign over rights to unborn child? [ 3 Answers ]

I am married and we are fixing to get a divorce we have one child together and one on the way, he wants to sign his rights over to the unborn child can he do that?

Getting the father to sign over rights of unborn child [ 7 Answers ]

The father of my unborn child has decided he wants nothing to do with the kid. It's not a good situation however it was a mishap and I am now back with my boyfriend who cannot have children. We are looking to make a family ourselves and leave this man completely out of it. I need to know what...

Get him to sign away unborn child rights. [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant, and the man I got pregnant with doesn't want anything to do with the child. I'm trying to find out if there is some kind of legal document I can print up to let him sign to reliquish his rights as a father. He says he'll sign whatever I want... but the money is just not there to go...

View more questions Search